Help Hooking up CDJ 2000's to DJM 900 Mixer
    Tech Convert

Default Help Hooking up CDJ 2000's to DJM 900 Mixer

Ok so I just bought a DJM-900 last night and am trying to hook it up via pro-link to my CDJ 2000's. I am looking for some step by step instructions to get this rolling. This is what I have done I bought 2 digital cables (orange) and plugged one into the cdj then one into the mixer channel one. I did the same thing with the other cdj channel two. I then plugged in one Ethernet cable in the back of the cdj to a switch and then did the same with the other. I then plunged the mixer into the switch as well. I have never hooked up my cdj's via the digital cable I have always used RCAs but I am trying to reduce the amount of cords. Is there a switch or something I am missing when using the digital cables instead of the RCA? After I get this working I am going to download the traktor scratch pro 2 upgrade since it is native. Please tell me step by step the best way to hook up all my gear. Thank You.

A cursory glance at the Pioneer website revealed manuals for your equipment and FAQs covering installation and setup.
    I cannot access these at work.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 11-17-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

Yeah I am dumb I didnt have the master volume up

Quote Originally Posted by Bhizzle22 View Post
    Yeah I am dumb I didnt have the master volume up
    Hahaha you just got laugh at that shit man, happens all the time. i did exactly the same thing last wknd but in front of crowd when setting up my S4. Felt so stupid lol

hahaha it's moments like these that put a smile on your face after you fix it. I had the same thing happen to me last gig. Everything was set up perfectly with my timecodes, except i had the channel set to phono. Took 3 people 20 minutes to figure it out.
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors