New Top! RCF? Mackie? JBL??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default New Top! RCF? Mackie? JBL??

Hey guys,

I'm looking to purchase new tops for DJing. I would like to get a pair that could be used by themselves (without a sub) for mobile gigs, weddings, frat parties, bar shows, etc... I've use the Mackie SRM450v2's weekly for my other job and like their sound, but have been told by MANY people that the art312a's would blow them out of the water. Can someone give me a good review of the art312's in comparison to the SRM450v2's?? I'm talking full range, no sub, mid-high volume shows, too. I'm mostly concerned that the RCF's won't provide enough low to mid-low sound that I'm used to with the Mackie's.

Thanks!

QSC k12

Qsc

Tech Wizard

QSC k series are great, I agree. But I don't want to spend that much money on a set. I'm looking for something in the price range of the 3 mentioned in the post title. I know, I know: "Save up and buy the best ever of everything!!!" That's just not a plausible option for me at this time. So, if anyone has experience with the RCF 312a, the Mackie SRM450v2, or JBL Eon315 please let me know how they stack up to one another, keeping in mind that I'm looking for something that can be used without a sub but still provide the sound I need.

Thanks again!

JBL then, I don't have experience with RCF and I have had problems and got rid of every piece of Mackie gear I have owned in under a week from speakers to mixers.

If you don't mind trying to build some yourself you can always go this route - http://billfitzmaurice.com/SLA.html

^ this. I just got done posting a link to bill's site. Lol The dr250s are the best all around and are fine without a sub. The otops are easier to build, but don't have quite the performance value of the dr's. Your looking at under $500 for two dr250s with all the bells and whistles.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Can't comment on the ones you mentioned, but I think it might be worth it to look at Yorkvilles.

Tech Wizard

If I were just going to use these myself, I wouldn't have an issue building anything. However, I'm going to need to buy a few sets of these speakers for a mobile DJ business and distribute them to employees. They need to be easy to use, compact, and have a warranty . What kind of yorkville active's would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by allenpa5 View Post
    If I were just going to use these myself, I wouldn't have an issue building anything. However, I'm going to need to buy a few sets of these speakers for a mobile DJ business and distribute them to employees. They need to be easy to use, compact, and have a warranty . What kind of yorkville active's would you recommend?
    In that case dude it's even more reason to build them yourself.

If you check out Bill's site, most of his customers are all Pro Audio guys running their own sound companies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast