billfitzmaurice.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default billfitzmaurice.com

another member on the forum asked about PA speakers and http://billfitzmaurice.com was mentioned so to maybe cut out the middle man. my question is, Does anyone know of any guides like this but more for a home soundbar by any chances? it would be great for parties and watching movies in my thinking just like a conventional soundbar just a DIY one. thanks
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

I have the cd with all the plans on it. There are plans for home systems, yes. One style you can mount on the walls in the corners and is supposed to cost well under $100 to make. They also have plans for coffee table/end table subs that blend in with the rest of your furniture. I'm away from my computer right now, but I can give you more info when I get home.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djfunke View Post
    I have the cd with all the plans on it. There are plans for home systems, yes. One style you can mount on the walls in the corners and is supposed to cost well under $100 to make. They also have plans for coffee table/end table subs that blend in with the rest of your furniture. I'm away from my computer right now, but I can give you more info when I get home.

would love that thanks
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

These are pretty sweet looking, I know I'm not skilled enough at woodworking and don't have the space to build and produce cabinets to the level of quality I would want though. Some pics of peoples bill fitz builds I have seen look kind of ghetto and I wouldn't be happy with them unless the cabinets were flawless. I also prefer self powered speakers, has anyone made powered versions of these? Can you even make powered versions of these?

If you want to want to install a plate amplifier, I really like parts express and their forums http://www.parts-express.com/wizards...AT&srchCat=505 One thing you should remember is that most of these projects have high sensitivity speakers and only require minimal power. In most cases, an 8watt tube amplifier is more than sufficient.

I plan to use a small audio processor like the mini dsp to split the signal between my tops and subs. http://www.minidsp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by djfunke View Post
    If you want to want to install a plate amplifier, I really like parts express and their forums http://www.parts-express.com/wizards...AT&srchCat=505 One thing you should remember is that most of these projects have high sensitivity speakers and only require minimal power. In most cases, an 8watt tube amplifier is more than sufficient.

I plan to use a small audio processor like the mini dsp to split the signal between my tops and subs. http://www.minidsp.com/
    8 watts?

Oh, yes. I've read many stories of people showing off their projects to their friends, then showing them the tiny tube amp powering them. Really puts the icing on the cake.

How the hell is that possible? What makes them different from 1000 watt speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    How the hell is that possible? What makes them different from 1000 watt speakers?
    You should check out his site and forums. Bill is the ultimate audiophile and goes in depth on how big speaker companies sell people on "wattage" but are just selling them crap speakers for high prices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast