DJM-900NXS vs. Xone 4D
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default DJM-900NXS vs. Xone 4D

Hello guys!

As an amateur in DJing, but running little party gigs in french, vocal and discohouse music for over 12 years I see a lot of mixers...

For about 4 years i changed my setup to laptop and midi-mixing with files...

My actual setup includes a xone 4D and a a maschine (in controller-mode) both controlling Traktor.

My thoughts are now going around the DJM900 Nexus now (i've got the old DJM600 years ago). Is it possible with the mixer to build a semi setup?
    The Xone is great - but i'm thinking of better sound quality and more Possebilities while mixing.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Be sure to read up on problems with the 900. I'm not well versed on what they are, but I have seen quite a few people complaining about issues with it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

You want the DB4 .... *Waves hand*
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

The 4D is not a midi-only controller; it is a fully featured mixer, and on top of it it is TSP certified so there are a lot of advantages to it over say the DX (which is a hybrid midi mixr that requires a computer connected to it). I would definitely do either the Xone 4D or the Denon DNX 1700 over the pioneer, no question.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    The 4D is not a midi-only controller; it is a fully featured mixer, and on top of it it is TSP certified so there are a lot of advantages to it over say the DX (which is a hybrid midi mixr that requires a computer connected to it). I would definitely do either the Xone 4D or the Denon DNX 1700 over the pioneer, no question.
    This.

The Xone: 4D sound quality is also worlds above the pioneer IMO.

Might want to look at a DB4 too if you can afford it.

Yeah I wouldn't pick up a 4D over a DB4 these days.

Tech Wizard

You can get it cheaper but a&h rarely looses value. Pssl and musicians friend are still selling it at 2799.
    I would totally pick a xone 4D over the db4 or pioneer.
    I don't see why you need more than the 4D to use traktor. I have a 4D and maschine, and use Maschine as maschine alongside traktor as many do.
    The world is going software. Software has its own effects. And you need controls to work software. I.e. why would you get an effect driven mixer with no controls over a mixer with dedicated controls? I guess that's the question. If you're eventually going to go software, which you're already Traktor centered. Everything is getting soooooo redundant. I don't need 24bit effects over 24bit effects.

Yeah, pioneer mixers suck. The 4d will have MUCH better sound quality. If your looking to upgrade have a look at the db4 like everyone else said.

Tech Wizard

For the record IMHO the 4D is going to fill more of your traktor needs, and future software control. Not the db4. If I was going to stick to turntables and cdjs and not use software I'd choose the db4. Then it's effects are relevant. You need the looper. As it stands traktor has all those features and more. The db4 has some midi functionality, but in the same way the pioneers do. You have to shift command and use the effect buttons for other stuff. Makes no sense to me. I think they released the mixers in reverse order. They should of put the db4 out in 09 to compete with the pioneer and now the 4D for use with software.
    Edit if you're already rocking a 4D just wait a lill while. You've seen those new x link k2 controller. They'll make a mixer with those on the sides real soon, just watch.

Tech Wizard

I haven't looked your particular mixer up, but usually if it has a built in sound card it can handle at least two channels of audio, unless it's specifically meant to record only. Just google it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast