VCI-400 Problem - Page 30
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: VCI-400 Problem

Tech Student

Hey guys, new VCI 400 owner here. I love it so far; the fact that the eq section and frame actually has the "feel" of pro gear rather than that of a toy was a huge selling point for me. I basically wanted a layout similar to an S4, but with better build. I actually own the s4, but after I had to send a second one in for warranty repair due to messed up volume faders I just said screw it, im buying something else rather than wait the 2+ months I've been waiting to get my 3rd s4 back.

Anyways I am having a very minor problem with my vci 400. Ive noticed that each jog wheel has 4 LED's underneath it- 2 blue, and 2 red. After about 3 days of use, one of the blue LED's under the left jog wheel started flickering randomly. Now, that LED doesn't even turn on at all (the rest of the LED's work fine). Like I said, this is a very minor issue, and does not affect the performance of the controller at all, but it does irk me a bit, since the thing is less than a week old. I would rather not have to send it in for repair already and wait a month to get it back..... I am sick of waiting for warranty repairs after having 2 broken S4's. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the inner workings of the VCI 400 jog wheels.... like i was thinking maybe just a wire that connects the LED is loose and I could just reattach it?

try adjusting the sensitivity knobs on the front..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Student

Unfortunately that has no effect.

I did notice today that after the controller has been turned off for about a full day, when I turn it on, the blue LED does light up for about 5 minutes, but then it flickers for a bit and goes out entirely.

Tech Convert

So I thought I'd leave a note here for anyone who might have the "latency popping" issues even though their previous controller worked totally totally fine - especially if you have an older laptop...

I was having all the crazy popping latency issues, even after the new firmware and drivers on windows 7. Dual Core1 2Ghz toshiba with 4GB ram.

But my previous setup with a Behringer BCD3000 had not too much of a problem and on the box my setup should be fine

Anyway i noticed my cpu was still being throttled even though i told windows not to.

Long story short it turned out the CPU was getting to hot so the laptop was being throttled to cool it down.
    (i used cpu-z to check the cpu speed and coreTemp to check the cpu temperature)

Old laptop = dusty heatsinks and bad cooling...

So i was getting all these issues because i was essentially trying to run the setup on a dual-700mhz machine :P

And forcing windows to maintain keep minimum cpu speed to "100%" was only making it worse as the CPU was always hot.

So i blew some air through the fans and let windows turn down the cpu when it needs to to conserve power (and heat!) and when i run Traktor now i get full cpu speed and am able to run with low latency, 48khz, 4 tracks running to both FX channels, tone locked with filter knobs on and its absolutely fine - on a 5 year old laptop. This is with none of the optimization scripts and tips floating about the place.. i think i have the ACPI battery thing turned off but thats it. wifi on... aero... all of it. (actually i think aero gets turned off when you go fullscreen in traktor)

So anyway this might be useful to someone else scratching their head about why they can't enjoy their nice shiny new purchase (and it's sooo much fun) Or even someone else wondering why magically the load level on Traktor is sometimes super high and sometimes super low. Check your cpu temp!

john castillo posted this image of the midi outs in the facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/vci400/)

http://goo.gl/0dndt
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Moved to VCI-400 forum
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Thanks, I did a search but didn't come up with much. If anybody knows of other VCI-400 threads please let me know.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930