New dj...

Thread: New dj...

Tech Student

Default New dj...

Hello,

So I recently jumped into the DJ world as a break from production and as a way to change my workflow. I have two stanton T80's which were sitting in boxes from like 6 years ago. I went out and bought a Numark X6, Traktor scratch, Kontrol x1, and some new shure carts. (I had a bit of extra cash and it was killing me knowing my t80's were sitting in boxes)

So where do I start? Are there any good youtube videos for getting myself bootstrapped in how to use traktor? I figured out the basics, but I find myself doing things unintentionally which is due clearly to my lack of understanding of all the features of traktor.

I haven't been able to find much information for using the timecoded vinyl as a controller. [edit: more productively, I have it working fine]

Also what are the major differences between the traktor standard (what ever comes with traktor scratch) and traktor pro? It's like $70 for me to upgrade to pro (and apparently I can get a free upgrade but I haven't got the email yet)

Thanks!

basically the ability to use 2 more decks and more Fx options
    MPB - TP - TS Pro 2 - Audio 6 - Technics 1200mk2 - Xone 22 - xone53 - Kontrol X1 - Axiom 49 - M-audio C400

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Towner View Post
    basically the ability to use 2 more decks and more Fx options
    Is there a way to use vsti fx and stuff?

VSTs aren't supported within Traktor BUT you can route Traktor FX send/return to a third party software VST host. Check Traktor's preference un Effect and Audio input and output routing.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter