Why no Technics SL-DZ1200's? And Question about Numark NDX 800's
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Why no Technics SL-DZ1200's? And Question about Numark NDX 800's

The standard is obviously pio cdjs... it seems these never got recognized from the research I've done. Does anyone use these?

I'm looking for something to learn to disconnect myself from my laptop a bit, experiment with some scratching.

I've also looked into the numark ndx 800's. I've seen midi mappings for all four decks to one cdj... but at that point do you lose timecoding? I guess I don't understand quite how that works. I understand the technics have no midi capability.

I'm running tsp with an audio 8dj, and a ddm4000 with the stock fader. Any and all advice appreciated!

If you want to do scratching, go for TTs, not CDJs (but maybe you have those already?)

And the reason nobody uses the Technics CD deck is because... It kinda sucked, or so I hear.
    i´ll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

92/2D/X1/KRK/Traktor (Toshiba Satellite M50 / PSM51L)
    Progressive Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    If you want to do scratching, go for TTs, not CDJs (but maybe you have those already?)

And the reason nobody uses the Technics CD deck is because... It kinda sucked, or so I hear.
    +1

i have a dz1200 id sell if you want one, i hear they got a little better with the firmware upgrade:P
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Default Dz1200

I guess they suck as MP3 players without the new firmware. They work excellent with Serato timecode.

u know ive never even tried it with timecode in traktor... might have to drag it out and give it a whirl.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

^ Never? You may like it better than 1200s. It's my mixtape setup of choice.

I've heard there;s too much of a lag issue for them to be much cop for scratching ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by mablack View Post

I'm running tsp with an audio 8dj, and a ddm4000 with the stock fader. Any and all advice appreciated!
    If your serious about scratching, it might be worth investing in an Innofader. If your not keen on investing £100 or so, Behringer do an optical contact free "Infinium" crossfader for around £40. It is a direct replacement for the crossfader in the DDM, and takes about 5 minutes to install. It is fully adjustable to suit your tension requirements, and keeps the full MIDI functionality, curve adjustment and transform as the standard fader.
    TSP 2.6.1 | 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus | 2 x Technics 1210 MK5 | Denon DNX-1600 | Behringer DDM4000 w/Infinium X1 | MBP | A&H Xone K2 | Akai APC 40 & MPK 25 | Novation Launchpad | Pioneer HDJ 2000 & 500 | Audio 8 DJ | Ableton Live 9

http://www.mixcloud.com/lineypirate/http://www.soundcloud.com/lineypirate/

Quote Originally Posted by Lineypirate View Post
    If your serious about scratching, it might be worth investing in an Innofader. If your not keen on investing £100 or so, Behringer do an optical contact free "Infinium" crossfader for around £40. It is a direct replacement for the crossfader in the DDM, and takes about 5 minutes to install. It is fully adjustable to suit your tension requirements, and keeps the full MIDI functionality, curve adjustment and transform as the standard fader.
    The Pro X Fade ain't bad either
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast