>>Just boosted my MBP to 8GB. Feels Gooooooooood!!<< :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow >>Just boosted my MBP to 8GB. Feels Gooooooooood!!<< :)

Hey guys, well as the title says I just boosted my MBP from 4GB to 8GB, feels good!!!

I only paid $50, which I thought was pretty cheap. I was waiting quite a while for my extra memory, as it was shipped form the US, but I got it yesterday finally and put it in today. It was really easy to do, its like Apple have set it up easy for us to upgrade our MBP's.

Now my MBP is a proud 15" i7 2.0Ghz 8GB. Yeaaahhhhhhhh.

I've already noticed less of this damn bugger always showing up....

And things are much snappier. Next thing is to install a SSD once the price has come down a bit. I also recently ran a Xbench test and scored 178. I'm not sure if thats good, but I'm assuming so. All in all I'm a very happy camper after this upgrade! For those of you that have only a 4GB, and who are thinking about doing it, DO IT!!
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Nice!

The way normal hard drives are going up in price buying an SSD won't seem that bad soon
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Yeah I was checking out prices, but to get a big enough one for my Mac, it would cost a lot! I'm quite happy so far with this little upgrade, now I need to save some more cash!
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

I just picked up an 8gig set of ram for my desktop and my laptop. Feels good man.

could you be so kind and tell me what ram you bought? brand etc.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Not that I've bought any lately but I always use Kingston (Lifetime warranty)
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lecko View Post
    Not that I've bought any lately but I always use Kingston (Lifetime warranty)
    I added 4GB of Kingston to 'up' my MBP to 8GB.

All i use this Mac for is Traktor and the internet so, whilst it's nice to have 8GB its made no difference at all

I'm running on 8GB too, I got the upgrade right when I bought my Mac. I think it's a very useful upgrade, saves you a lot of patience
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

I just got my new mbp last week - 15" quadcore 2.4 i7...only 4gb's of ram, I still need to upgrade that since I didn't want to pay an extra $200 to have apple do it when I knew I could get it for $50.

It's so nice. I have my latency all the way to the left, programs running in the background, and every effect I could play at the same time and not even a hiccup.

Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    could you be so kind and tell me what ram you bought? brand etc.
    I bought it from Ramexperts on Ebay. The brand is called Mushkin.

They seem pretty good, I'm happy so far.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8GB-DDR3-133...ht_2164wt_1114

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast