??question please help??
    Tech Wizard

Default ??question please help??

Hello every one i am looking to purchase the MASHINE Micro to incorperate effects and samples into my live mix sets .. I am currently Using an AUDIO 6 sound car with Traktor Pro 2 and a Mac Book Pro bought 4 months ago beefed up with 8 gig of ram and a TB hard rive inside.. I am asking if i can hook up my mashine and traktor together with the current sound card i have? Please help me with the setup if at all possible!?
    2011 Mac Book Pro 1TB internal HD..8gig of RAM 2.7 GHZ dual core I-7..Traktor Pro 2 ..Kontrol X-1.... Audio 6 Sound card W/ Monster DJ RCA'S ... ... 2 Rokit 8 self powered Speakers ... Sennheiser HD 25 HeadPhones .... (coming soon) Xone 42

Tech Mentor

Yea I have no doubt you can do that just route Maschine's software to the same audio out as Traktors and Voila. The Maschine is just a controller like any other so hardware's no issue as A four month old MBP with 8Gb of ram will be able to Run Traktor and Maschine Flawlessly. so yea long story short you can just route Maschine's Audio to the same line as your traktors
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

Tech Wizard

Thank you for the response..What im looking to do is use Traktor PRO 2 & Mashine together during use and i saw the tutorial about meshing it ..But my question is to with my audio 6 sound card do i use the main out on the front of the sound card to use that as the third channel to bring the sound of the mashine through? I just want to make sure i can do this before i go ahead and purchase the mashine
    2011 Mac Book Pro 1TB internal HD..8gig of RAM 2.7 GHZ dual core I-7..Traktor Pro 2 ..Kontrol X-1.... Audio 6 Sound card W/ Monster DJ RCA'S ... ... 2 Rokit 8 self powered Speakers ... Sennheiser HD 25 HeadPhones .... (coming soon) Xone 42

Quote Originally Posted by krist3ch View Post
    Thank you for the response..What im looking to do is use Traktor PRO 2 & Mashine together during use and i saw the tutorial about meshing it ..But my question is to with my audio 6 sound card do i use the main out on the front of the sound card to use that as the third channel to bring the sound of the mashine through? I just want to make sure i can do this before i go ahead and purchase the mashine
    Yes, you can do that. Just don't assign anything to one of the output pairs in Traktor and pick the same card in Maschine, then use the output pair that Traktor's not actually sending audio to for Maschine.

Just make sure they're not both outputting to any output and you're good. I've done it with an Audio 2 just to make sure it works (Traktor to output A, Maschine to output B). No problems.

Doing it that way assumes that you're using an external mixer. If you're using Traktor's internal mixer and a controller, doing it that way will cause problems.

If you're using it like that, you want soudnflower. I'll describe that in more detail if that's the way you're doing it.

I did an impromptu not-really-a-house-party with a friend on Friday doing exactly that (Maschine and TP2 using soundflower, which gets routed using soundflowerbed to the output with my lpd8 controlling traktor's internal mixer and Maschine's audio running through Traktor as a Live Input). All sync'd via the virtual midi interface that comes with NI's stuff. It was brilliant.