Empire of the Sun vs. Eric Prydz "We Are the Mirage"
    Tech Guru

Default Empire of the Sun vs. Eric Prydz "We Are the Mirage"

Mashup I did a couple months back using audacity since I dont have any software for producing/making mashups just yet (hope to get FL studio soon though), but never really thought about posting it up here.

Would appreciate any feedback

Empire of the Sun - We Are the People vs. Eric Prydz - Mirage

dling!
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Guru

thanks, let me know what you think. Theres a couple things I wanna change hopefully now over my break from school and work

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Other than it sounds a lot like this, watch out the timing, vocal is all over the place. If you don't have anything to stretch it you can get away by chopping it up, like they used to do with tape.

Not very original for the tiny bit, I've heard that exact version already many times (sometimes claimed to have been made by different people), with a better placement of the vocals, yours is not even in time.
    Why try to copy something that already exist? May be you have something else you produced you could pass along, I'll be more interested.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=srVX28CATy0
    Last edited by Yul; 11-23-2011 at 05:27 AM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Guru

Actually it was originally done by dimitri vegas and like mike for a mixtape and I couldnt find one anywhere so I decided to try making one, and yea I have some stuff that I've been working on that I can post, Ill try to do that one today since I dont have anything to do.

I guess since the mixtape was released alot of people did the same thing lol

And for this one Ill try chopping up/changing the tempo of the acapella, thanks.

Tech Mentor

Lol you don't need a lot of sotware to do a mash-up....i done a mash-up only with TP2 if you want listen! http://soundcloud.com/stefanomdj/lev...itanium-alesso

Tech Guru

yea I know, but I also plan to start producing soon so might as well use the software to make mashups too

anyway, it's cool you're going to dig deeper;
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.