Some DVS questions
    Tech Student

Default Some DVS questions

Hi all,
    I am considering a DVS system (probably Traktor Scratch) entirely from a tactile perspective, but as a complete noob (to DVS) I have a few questions which will help me decide if I should just move on and get S4s instead...

- I sold my 1200s a few years ago, so what do you recommend as replacements for DVS use? In my research, Stanton is favourable, what but about Numark?

- The Numark and Stantons appear to have a much higher value for wow/flutter (<.15% WRMS for the TTXUSB and 'less than .1% WRMS for the Stanton ST150) than what the Technics had - but what does this mean exactly? It seems from Technics-biased users/forums/sites you will read that the wow/flutter is what makes the 1200s forever better than anything else, where on non-Technics-biased users/forums/sites talk about how the numbers may be higher, but the speed of the platter is measured more often on the newer turntables which somehow converts to an overall better performance... Sorry to pick it to bits, but I have to ask - are these values calculated based on when the turntable is 'quartz locked' at +/- 0% on the pitch fader, and therefore making it negligible for beatmatching purposes?

- As a house dj, 'beatmatching' is more important to me than scratching. I've read strange things on forums about the tempo fluctuating (slightly) using DVS - is this a result of wow/flutter on the turntable, or is it a result of DVS?

These are pretty particular questions, but I guess the reason why I'm asking is because it's not exactly cheap to buy all this kit and then be disappointed with it - and believe it or not, I'm finding it hard in my state to find a workign setup that i'd be able to play around on!

Thanks
    W

Tech Student

Whats up man. I have Serato SL1 for sale. Let me know if your interested.

Get another pair of 1200s on craigslist, accept no substitutes, unless you want to accept substitutes....