My last mix was horrible, This is much better - The Morning Workout - DnB

Arrow My last mix was horrible, This is much better - The Morning Workout - DnB

I couldn't sleep so I made a quick and dirty mix to listen to at work today. Give it a listen and please comment if you like the mix. No labels on the tracklist today as I have to head to location for work in a few minutes, if anyone has any questions just let me know. Thanks

Tracklist

Calibre - Steptoe
    Sobersoul - Threat
    SaNDerson - Beautiful Click (SND Remix)
    Chris SU - Promises
    Bladerunner & Mr Explicit - It's Taking Over Me
    MsDoS & Motta - Blood Brothers
    Paul SG & Eros - Cape Hope
    Syncopix - Veteran
    DJ Ike - On the Way
    Simplification - Better Days
    DJ Roots & DJ Vento - All Clear
    Komatic & Technicolour feat Jayma - Vermillion
    Alexus - Supersmile
    Tidal - Soul Expressions
    Jebar - Flute Tune
    MsDoS - Sweet Memories
    Adam Form - Mr. Roller
    DJ SS - The Lighter
    S.P.Y. - Like a Dream
    Craggz & Parallel Forces - All My Love
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

LOL! I didn't wanna say it man, but yeah that last mix was so bad, but it was funny because i know u said you were a bit smashed. I've been in that situation before, being drunk as shit and then DJing for my friends and recording it, then the next day im like "really? thats what i mixed?!" good times.

It still should be a special mix given the circumstances.

Downloading this one now. I really enjoy your mixes and judging by the mix train so far, everyone else's mixes are sounding pretty good too. Im gonna post one or 2 mixes up today. Chromatic 03 should be finished (melodic dnb), and i may do a short Heavy Drum & Bass teaser.

Yeah the last mix was total shit. I really really didn't like how it came out, but it was live at a club (not much of one but a club nonetheless) and yeah I cringed at most of it... I'm glad you like this mix a bit more, it's a whole lot more laid back and I tried to go for a whole sort of build up type feeling into a more energetic liquid style to finish. I think it turned out ok though...

As far as the Beatcut thing goes, just practice practice practice....you want to be using the crossfader for sure. also you might try with some sort of 132 ish breakbeat to get the overall timing down a bit better...don't know if that would help but way back that's what I learned to do it with... Waiting on you to post your mix up...lemme know when it's up
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    As far as the Beatcut thing goes, just practice practice practice....you want to be using the crossfader for sure. also you might try with some sort of 132 ish breakbeat to get the overall timing down a bit better...don't know if that would help but way back that's what I learned to do it with... Waiting on you to post your mix up...lemme know when it's up

Cool, ill try that out. I rarely use the crossfader, i usually just use the volume faders.

And I tried to finish my mix to post up, but i really wasnt too happy with it, Will try again today.