Need to buy an S4 Case? Flight Case or Odyssey VMS4 Case?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need to buy an S4 Case? Flight Case or Odyssey VMS4 Case?

Should I get the flight case or Odyssey VMS4 case? I like them both alot i just want your opinions.

thanks.
    excessive emoticons neccesary

Tech Wizard

There already is a thread on this exact topic. But since you asked.....I purchased the Odyssey case and I ended up selling it immediately. Don't get me wrong. It's a nice case. But it's heavy as hell (not as heavy as the NI S4 case) and I don't want to drag that thing around with me to gigs. It only holds the S4 and that's it. I ended up getting the Odyssey Redline XXL Bag and I love it. It has a metal frame so the S4 is completely protected and it weighs next to nothing. I can also pack all of my gear including my laptop in the bag. That means I only have to carry one bag with me. I'm glad I got it. You should consider that as a purchase option.

Quote Originally Posted by ian849 View Post
    There already is a thread on this exact topic. But since you asked.....I purchased the Odyssey case and I ended up selling it immediately. Don't get me wrong. It's a nice case. But it's heavy as hell (not as heavy as the NI S4 case) and I don't want to drag that thing around with me to gigs. It only holds the S4 and that's it. I ended up getting the Odyssey Redline XXL Bag and I love it. It has a metal frame so the S4 is completely protected and it weighs next to nothing. I can also pack all of my gear including my laptop in the bag. That means I only have to carry one bag with me. I'm glad I got it. You should consider that as a purchase option.
    Sorry didnt see it haha :P but I want a case so that i can get some elevation as well. also makes it look way nicer

Tech Wizard

That's is actually my only gripe that my S4 does sit low. But hold tight if you are dead set on the case. Odyssey has a really cool light bar case with LED lights built in to it coming out any day now. I've seen these cases up close and they are really awesome. Here's the link to the S4 case. Forget the controller that is in the pic. The case is for the S4.....

http://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-p...xgstks4bl.html
    Last edited by ian849; 11-22-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ian849 View Post
    That's is actually my only gripe that my S4 does sit low. But hold tight if you are dead set on the case. Odyssey has a really cool light bar case with LED lights built in to it coming out any day now. I've seen these cases up close and they are really awesome. Here's the link to the S4 case. Forget the controller that is in the pic. The case is for the S4.....

http://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-p...xgstks4bl.html
    When is this coming out
    ?

Tech Wizard

http://www.pssl.com/!wEW7KOI4cjngM8g...ide-Case-BL--s

It's out now. But I would call them to make sure that they have it in stock.

Tech Mentor

I personally dislike the slide up laptop stand cases for the S4, or any other controller for that matter. They're heavy as hell and you'll have a really hard time getting to the FX section! I also don't like having the laptop hanging out in space and I don't like having it right in front of my face, it tends to disconnect me from the crowd. I use the cheaper lighter Odyssey case without the laptop slide and just use a laptop stand. Much more portable and flexible IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by CryderSteez View Post
    I personally dislike the slide up laptop stand cases for the S4, or any other controller for that matter. They're heavy as hell and you'll have a really hard time getting to the FX section! I also don't like having the laptop hanging out in space and I don't like having it right in front of my face, it tends to disconnect me from the crowd. I use the cheaper lighter Odyssey case without the laptop slide and just use a laptop stand. Much more portable and flexible IMHO.
    link me?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJZEchevarria View Post
    link me?
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Odyssey-FRTS4-Traktor-Kontrol-Single/dp/B0042Z1QWU"]Amazon.com: Odyssey FRTS4 Ata Case For Traktor Kontrol S4 Single DJ Mixer Case: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/415ahUIefIL.@@AMEPARAM@@415ahUIefIL[/ame]

I imagine you could find it cheaper if you look around a bit.

Tech Guru

The case is heavy but it looks nice and if you set it up properly it's very easy to setup. I'd say a bag for the club and the case for other events.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast