SCS.1M and firewire to usb

Default SCS.1M and firewire to usb

so i dont have firewire but i like the scs.1m so i was wondering what the downside to using an adapter is. increased latency and etc. also if anyone has the 1M what do you think? i want to use it with two DN-SC2000s

also, is there anyway to route two sample decks and two track decks through a 2 channel mixer? without the vol. faders on the mixer controlling the actual vol.
    Last edited by ranzerox; 11-22-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Tech Mentor

Plug everything into your sound card then plug your sound card into 1 channel of the mixer. Keep the Mixer on full volume with crossfader to that channel.

Then just do all your internal mixing on your "Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck"

IMO You are still going to need 4 channel faders to properly mix in and out your sample decks and your track deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapout View Post
    Plug everything into your sound card then plug your sound card into 1 channel of the mixer. Keep the Mixer on full volume with crossfader to that channel.

Then just do all your internal mixing on your "Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck"

IMO You are still going to need 4 channel faders to properly mix in and out your sample decks and your track deck.
    well i can easily have that setup going, its what ive been using. but i just switched back to the mixdeck and am enjoying the cdj-ish-ness of it, so i wanted to maintain that but still be able to use sample decks
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ranzerox View Post
    so i dont have firewire but i like the scs.1m so i was wondering what the downside to using an adapter is. increased latency and etc. also if anyone has the 1M what do you think? i want to use it with two DN-SC2000s

also, is there anyway to route two sample decks and two track decks through a 2 channel mixer? without the vol. faders on the mixer controlling the actual vol.
    I owned one for a bit. Its very plasticky, the knobs have plastic bases that wobble.

As for the Firewire-to-USB adapter.. It won't work. I tried :/
    I also spoke with Stanton about it and they also said it won't work.
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Asand View Post
    I owned one for a bit. Its very plasticky, the knobs have plastic bases that wobble.

As for the Firewire-to-USB adapter.. It won't work. I tried :/
    I also spoke with Stanton about it and they also said it won't work.
    that is quite depressing news :/ thanks though

? Use that kickass stanton mixer that can detach controls from controlling audio when channel strips are switched to midi mode?

I too am disappointed about the lack of anything-FW conversion. My Firebox is alone.
    Last edited by ToS; 11-23-2011 at 04:24 AM. Reason: brain reset
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.