DJTT "Chroma Caps " - Fitting Guide - Page 3
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 392
  1. #21
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    If I would change the gain knobs (which I use as filters) to DJTT knobs... would I get rid off the "click-adjusting"? The EQ knobs are nice because they are the "max right / max left" type and give that smooth adjusting experience when the gain knobs just roll and click endlessly. And that makes transitions sound crappy. Kinda sad that NI didn't put filter knobs into S2.

    Maybe the real question is... does the clicking come from the knob or the metal piece under it? If it's not fixable... well... then I guess I just gotta re-map filter to some FX knob or some shizzle.

  2. #22
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dubmo View Post
    If I would change the gain knobs (which I use as filters) to DJTT knobs... would I get rid off the "click-adjusting"? The EQ knobs are nice because they are the "max right / max left" type and give that smooth adjusting experience when the gain knobs just roll and click endlessly. And that makes transitions sound crappy. Kinda sad that NI didn't put filter knobs into S2.

    Maybe the real question is... does the clicking come from the knob or the metal piece under it? If it's not fixable... well... then I guess I just gotta re-map filter to some FX knob or some shizzle.
    usually it is the actual potentiometer that has the "click" you speak of

  3. #23

    Default

    wish they would make a non ruberized fader for the crossfader's, cant crab on the sticky rubber ones.. had to leave on the orig. hard plastic one

  4. #24
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djpaulie View Post
    wish they would make a non ruberized fader for the crossfader's, cant crab on the sticky rubber ones.. had to leave on the orig. hard plastic one
    agreed - they feel nice + chunky but not a great crossfader solution.
    The rubber djtt faders are nice for channel line faders and efx-faders imo.

    Theres this metal one on ebay thats pretty nice if u like a fatter knob.. outside of the that, I remember an older vestax mixer I had that had a silver crossfader that was pretty much the perfect size + feel. I forgot I pulled all the knobs + stuff off of it before I chucked it.

  5. #25
    Tech Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Can I put Knobs on the Effects endless knobs of the Numark Mixtrack Pro?

    And what about the knobs of the Akai Mpk Mini, are they changeable?

    http://www.thomann.de/de/media_bdbvi...4.html?image=7

    Last edited by Sch1z0; 12-08-2011 at 03:34 AM.

  6. #26
    Tech Wizard The_Pioneer_Project's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    HUDDERSFIELD, UK
    Posts
    67

    Default

    TO THE DJTT GUYS & MODERATORS I WOULD DO A SPREADSHEET OF ALL DJ GEAR CONTROLLERS & MIXERS ETC... THE kNOBS AND FADERS HAVE BEEN TESTED ON WITH A SIMPLE "DO THEY FIT YES OR NO?" AND SMALL DESCRIPTION AS HOW THE FIT. JUST TO CLEAR UP ALL THE QUESTIONS ABOUT GEAR. AND IT CAN BE UPDATED AS NEW KIT COMES OUT AND GETS TESTED @ DJTT (just a thought...)

    HO' I just realized the table at the start of the post but always could do with a update
    Last edited by The_Pioneer_Project; 12-11-2011 at 01:10 AM.
    www.youtube.com/thepiopro
    www.soundcloud.com/piopro
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pi...t/200108583394
    Traktor Pro 2, Customised laptop: Win7, 2.5 Intel Core Duo, 4Gig ram 800Mhz bus, 64BG SSD, M-Audio Connectiv, Behringer DDM4000, Pioneer CDJ-800's, Numark TT-1650's, Vestax typhoon, Midi Fighter classic.

  7. #27
    DJTT Moderator Dude Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Temple Of Boom, NZ
    Posts
    12,171

    Default

    that sounds great man. thanks
    Acer E5 i7 2TB 16GB ~ 512GB SSD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ X1 ~ DN-X1600 ~ X1 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ AT2020




  8. #28
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    183

    Default

    If someone changed the knobs on a mixtrack or mixtrack pro, Is it possible to remove the browse knob? That seems very stubborn. Every other knob, I can take it off easily but not the browse knob?

  9. #29
    Tech Convert Tabaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Just wondering if any of the knobs will fit on the CDJ-1000 Vinyl speed adjust touch/brake and release start?

    Thanks,
    Tabaka
    Korg 402, CDJ1000's, Stanton STR8's, Traktor Scratch, KRK 6's, Axiom Pro 25, Dell Inspiron

  10. #30
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabaka View Post
    Just wondering if any of the knobs will fit on the CDJ-1000 Vinyl speed adjust touch/brake and release start?

    Thanks,
    Tabaka
    the knobs fit on it ok..

    the shaft is slightly short tho so u may find it coming of if u pull the knob really hard. In normal use of that knob, it should be ok.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •