DJTT "Chroma Caps ®" - Fitting Guide - Page 40
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    honestly couldnt tell the difference (in feel or look). The fitment of the MK2 is better on PIO gear.
    That is indeed the only difference. The regular faders will get replaced by the MK2 once they run out since the MK2 share the same usual fit on other units + the improved Pioneer support.

Thx for your answers !

Do you know if all the colours that were available are going to be released on the new mk2 faders ? (Like grey or orange)

Default Chroma Cap Fit

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I recently purchased a number of caps for my ddj-rr controller. I really like the colors and feel of the caps themselves however I noticed that depending on the stem of the pot and how far down you push the cap there is a point were the cap seems to touch the surface of the controller.

This is an issue because the rubber and/or pressure on the stem causes friction and makes turning the knob difficult just enough to be annoying. Added pressure added a delay or sense for a need to over power the turn. I have tried not to press the cap all the way down on to the stem (which works perfectly for a short time) but with repeated pressure, the cap eventually presses down on the pot/face plate.

I wanted to make a design recommendation that might help others who experience this "feature". I would like to recommend that you add a very slight plastic extension to the shaft of the knob so that if fully pressed on to the stem of the pot, the plastic will prevent the rubber from coming in contact with the face of the device - acting as a buffer to the knob.

I love the chroma caps so much, I don't want to revert to the original knobs. I have considered even buying small washers to place around the high-use knobs where this causing the biggest issue.

I took the diagram and added where I think this would be best placed. I hope this helps.

Last edited by j4ym4n; 11-29-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Adding a plastic piece to the bottome will lead to paint chipping and rubbing off on older mixers. What I did, on my denon dnx1100, was cut a pot shaped piece out of a plastic sheet and slide it into the knob so the knob wouldnt touch bottom.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Sounds pretty interesting.... Can you take a picture to show? I'm interested to know what kind of "plastic sheet" you used as well as how it fits around the pot.

Here is an img showing why I think the faceplate wouldn't be damaged. If it did wear down on the metal, it would only be under what was covered by the cap itself and wouldn't be seen. I think just the plastic covering , if extended just slightly should solve the issue

Last edited by j4ym4n; 11-30-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Default Denon X1800 Prime?

Will any of the chroma cap types fit on the Denon X1800 Prime mixer?

Tech Convert

Default SP-303 fitting question

I recently acquired a Roland (BOSS) SP-303 (best Christmas present ever) and I was curious if Caps fit on it? I see the 404 is on the main shop drop down menu but I wasn’t sure if the fit was the same for the older 303. Any help is appreciated!

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Thanks for the response but neither of these talk about the SP-303. Both pictures I saw were of 404s, which has a different casing. Upon further inspection of my 303 I've noticed that the knobs are just slightly recessed, which makes me want to find conclusive info regarding Chroma Caps and speifically the 303 before I purchase (which I really want to do, so I hope I can find out).
    Ableton - Launchpad Pro - Midi Fighter 3D - Midi Fighter Twister

http://SoundCloud.com/joshlikesdrums

Oops. Sorry mate...

Why not take advantage of the risk free guarantee?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj