DJTT "Chroma Caps ®" - Fitting Guide - Page 41
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
    Tech Convert

I'll probably have to do that. I've been meaning to customize my Twister with new caps so I guess I'll just buy 4 regular sized caps at the same time and cross my fingers. I'm sure I'll find a use for them otherwise. Thank you for your help!
    Ableton - Launchpad Pro - Midi Fighter 3D - Midi Fighter Twister

http://SoundCloud.com/joshlikesdrums

Anyone used Chroma Caps on the Denon X1800?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Confirmed that Chroma Caps standard super and fatty knobs do in fact fit the Denon X1800 Prime Mixer.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by j4ym4n View Post
    I recently purchased a number of caps for my ddj-rr controller. I really like the colors and feel of the caps themselves however I noticed that depending on the stem of the pot and how far down you push the cap there is a point were the cap seems to touch the surface of the controller.

This is an issue because the rubber and/or pressure on the stem causes friction and makes turning the knob difficult just enough to be annoying. Added pressure added a delay or sense for a need to over power the turn. I have tried not to press the cap all the way down on to the stem (which works perfectly for a short time) but with repeated pressure, the cap eventually presses down on the pot/face plate.
    Came here to gather some informations about chroma caps and ddj-rr, which caps did not fit well ?
    Are you advising me against buying chrome caps for the ddj-rr ?

thanks man

Default feedback on ddj rr ?

Low/mid/hi/FX1/FX2/FX3 are the same kind of knob.

While Trim is thinner and filter is fatter.
    Plus there's a Release FX knob which works as an infinite decoder.

Sampler volume/Headphones Mixing/Booth Monitor and Master Level are still another kind of knobs.

I'd like to know which chrome caps are suitable for this device

Default M-Audio Code or Arturia BeatStep

Do these fit the M-Audio Code series or the Arturia BeatStep. Think they might both have 6mm shafts and not 6.5

THanks!!

Default DIY Parts

Since the Chroma Knobs aren't supplied with comprehensible mechanical drawings, it's impossible to match these to DIY parts. Which is a shame, because these knobs are still some of the prettiest out there and I am working on a custom DJ controller on which I want to use Chroma caps.

What's kind of odd is that the specs say it's supposed to fit 6,5 mm D-shaft potentiometers, but 6,5mm is NOT a standard fitting, it's either 6mm or 6,35 mm (1/4"), with 6 mm being A LOT more common. I am now unsure weather Chroma Caps fit on 6mm D-shafts, because it might be too loose.

Also, measurements of the internal height of the shaft would be very useful. DIY parts come in different heights (most often 15mm and 20mm for knobs and encoders) but matching them right now is kind of impossible since inner height of the Chroma Caps shaft is not given.

I would love to use the Croma Caps with compatible parts from the Bourns PEC11R Rotary Encoder series, the Bourns PDB18 Rotary Potentiometer series, the Bourns PTA Slide Potentiometer series and the TT Electronics P160 and P110 Rotary Potentiometer series.

If someone can provide me with accurate mechanical drawings of the different shafts of all the Chroma Caps, I can figure out the compatibility by myself and share it here.

BONUS: Chroma Caps with knurled shafts would also be interesting since availability of specific parts with flatted/d-shafts can be lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    A lot of questions about what gear Chromacaps will or will not fit on since being released, so if yours fit on gear not listed here ..
    Topratedhostings
    Boardersguide

.. then please speak up and post a pic of them on your gear so the list can be updated. Likewise, if you want to know if they will fit on your gear then ask away in this thread.
    Kayaksinsider
    Please search through the thread to see if your question has already been answered, to avoid double up queries, thanks.

Edit: Here is a handy graphic to check your own compatibility.
    Bykesinsider
    It is little bit complicated for me. But helpful thanks sir for such a great content

Default Chroma caps for TR-8S?

Anyone know if the Chroma Caps recommended for the Roland Aira TR-8 will also fit the TR-8S (are the knobs/sliders the same)? Apologies if this was answered, but couldn't find in a search and I'm not confident of my ability to measure in mm.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041