Online radios ?

Thread: Online radios ?

Default Online radios ?

Hi guys,

First, I searched and couldn't find anything recent about this so here we go.

I'm playing mostly electro house and some dubstep, and i've been looking for an online radio to have a weekly residency or something.

But the first problem is i have doubt about my internet connexion. I don't have any problem playing video games (BF3 ) or using VoIP softwares such as Skype or TeamSpeak.

But as the following speedtest shows, my connexion is really slow at upload :

Is that enough ?
    Cause in the case it's not enough that would mean i have to provide already recorded sets (Steve Angello style ) , but that's not a problem.

The thing is, and that's the main reason why I started this thread, I can't find any. Well i found some but either they don't reply to my emails or they don't fit the music i like to play (won't drop dubstep tracks on a salsa radio you know what I mean).

If you can share some good online radios, with a decent amount of listeners (50+ ), and likely to hire a new DJ, it would be awesome.

Thanks

PS : has anyone here tried to email @ Digitally Imported ? They seem really serious, but I can't get any answer from them (even a negative one)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try using mixlr.com and see if it works.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Also try different speedtest sites. You might be using a site that is far away and or poorly connected to your ISPs path.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Try using mixlr.com and see if it works.
    Thanks for the link. Signed in, will keep the thread updated. Any good online radio to suggest ?

I think you're the guy who has a residency at Purple Radio right ? As far as I saw, they're not really in electro, are they ?

EDIT : Cool, quality is fine, even using Wi-Fi. I'm able to broadcast, yay.
    Last edited by dope; 11-23-2011 at 12:51 PM.