Need Opinions about New Upgrade.
    Tech Student

Default Need Opinions about New Upgrade.

Hey Guys, I am new to the Forums.
    I am a Junior in Highschool with DJs as a Hobby.
    I have already done several shows, but am planning to upgrade my novice gear.
    At the moment, all I have is a Hercules DJ Control Mp3 e2.

For the past year I have managed to save up around $1,500.
    With this money I am wanting yo be able to run and do gigs on my own, a MIDI Mixer and a couple of PA Speakers for starts.

Since I will probably be doing mostly mobile, I am not interested turntables. As far as MIDI Mixers go, I am either looking into the Traktor S4, Pioneer DDJ-T1, or the Numark NS6.

Which do you think would be the best controller? I usually mix all types of music, but I am most fond of Dubstep. Thanks for reading, and thanks for all the help

If you're going mobile, I'd say get something with a built-in mixer, like the Denon MC-6000, it's portable (albeit a tad bit cramped), and has enough ins and outs to allow you to handle most venues.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Tech Student

I won't only do Mobile, it will also be used for Bedroom DJ use I guess.
    I've been real interested in the Traktor S4. It seems to be an awesome product.

The S4 has great intreaction with Traktor, but it's ginormous, if you want a controller that you can take with you (to house parties and whatot), it'd advise against it. It's also pretty pricey.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Compared to the DDJ-T1 and the NS6 the S4 is Tiny

The DDJ-T1 is way too plasticky and over priced imo

You should head over to your local shop and play around with the S4, the NS6 and the Denon MC-6000. See which one you'd be more comfortable with/

Also compare inputs/outputs on all models and pick one according to your needs.
    Some have both MASTER and BOOTH outputs, I think on the S4 you only get a Master out
    the tooth fairy owes me money

Yeah have a play at your local store see which suits you best.

Which software you want to use might come into it as well.

If it were me I'd get the NS6
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by dIptyche View Post
    Compared to the DDJ-T1 and the NS6 the S4 is Tiny

The DDJ-T1 is way too plasticky and over priced imo

You should head over to your local shop and play around with the S4, the NS6 and the Denon MC-6000. See which one you'd be more comfortable with/

Also compare inputs/outputs on all models and pick one according to your needs.
    Some have both MASTER and BOOTH outputs, I think on the S4 you only get a Master out
    The DDJT1 is 100 bucks more (retail, you can actually buy them for the same price on amazon), and has been bundled with a rebate worth anywhere from 100-300 bucks over the last couple of months. It has just as much plastic as an S4, and the jogs are straight off of a CDJ. I'm not suggesting that you haven't done your due diligence before giving advice on controllers, but have you played with one? I hear this far too often about DDJT1's and more often than not from people who have an uninformed opinion that they based on someone else's uninformed opinion from a random "What gear should I buy" thread on DJTT.

To the OP. They are all mobile, just some more than others. I suggest instead of asking for opinions, research each option carefully, and then go play with each one to really determine YOUR pro's and con's, as dIptyche is suggesting, not those from others who don't have any more or less experience with the gear than you do, which in most cases is none.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |