Vestax - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vestax

Tech Mentor

Some great replys there guys, And my mind was 70% VCI-300 and i am now more settled on it than before, so it's looking like the 300, but I see none in the UK at the moment..lol...I will wait and get the 300 with itch.

I got my vci 300 for £530 from a shop on ebay,i was gonna buy it from america and asked for there best price..they replied $750 and they have a warehouse in milton keynes if i wanna buy it over the phone with my debit card..so i did,a day later there it is.Other than this company only HTFR records have them and the cheeky b*stards have just put them upto £650.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-Vestax-VCI-300-VCI300-Serato-Itch-USB-DJ_W0QQitemZ360134804764QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Mixe rs?hash=item360134804764&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trk parms=72%3A1688|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Phone him for his best price...

Id personally grab the VCI-100 and wait for the firmware upgrade - once it finally hits you will be glad you did. Short term pain... Long term gain. Infact... were aiming to make improvments that the VCI-300 doesnt have - so its not just a game of "catch up" with the VCI-300 its a game of conquor the VCI-300

Tech Mentor

Default vestax

Stop messing with my mind!
    Its all made up now

To be honest If the pitch fader was longer then i'd really think about it, but they are way to short for someone like me who mixes off the pitch

Many thanks to hoothoot81 for the heads up, i think i can wait a few more weeks and get it from a shop where i can easy take it back if i get probs.

Tech Mentor

Well i have been reading....reading....and reading...and nearly bought a vci-100le in black....i kinda chose it then went down the good sound card root, and it looked like a £130ish sound card, so when i was looking at £369 for the unit and then £130ish for good sound card, and the worry i had with mixing manually and jog wheels playing up if not on foam and then will i be able to use it like a cdj etc, i have now placed an order for the VCI-300, but big shout to all here who gave good replys and posted some great stuff on the vci-100....top notch stuff chaps!!

Congrats on your order!

I did want to give my .02 regarding the soundcard issue that seemed to be your biggest concern.

The VCI-300 soundcard is not that good, plus it's USB.

You mention you are looking for the professional solution to play for large crowds. IMO, a VCI-100 + solid firewire soundcard like a Firebox, FA-66 or AudioFire is the best choice.

Tech Mentor

Default stock of vci-300

Well after getting bogged down as UK has hardly no stock then I have placed an order for a Black VCI-100....I have said yes...then no...then maybe...then what if......lol.....Black one on the way, it will prob arrive tuesday, I shall wait on the sound card and see if i can live with it first.

I actually saw a video from Ean this morning thats not actually on this site, it wa s demo of how to use the vci-100 and showed him mixing and using the jog dials etc, and it kinda made my mind up a bit better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12