Xone k2 vs x1/1d and audio2dj

Default Xone k2 vs x1/1d and audio2dj

I am thinking about buying a controller, xone 1d or kontrol x1, still can't decide, and I own an audio2dj soundcard.
    Now I'm teased with xone k2 which should hit the stores soon, so what to do?

Is the soundcard built in k2 good enough to replace my audio2dj? thats my only concern. I'm using my a2dj for both internal and external mixing, will that be possible with k2?

Quote Originally Posted by steffanko View Post
    I am thinking about buying a controller, xone 1d or kontrol x1, still can't decide, and I own an audio2dj soundcard.
    Now I'm teased with xone k2 which should hit the stores soon, so what to do?

Is the soundcard built in k2 good enough to replace my audio2dj? thats my only concern. I'm using my a2dj for both internal and external mixing, will that be possible with k2?
    Yes the soundcard should be pretty good. I wouldn't get a 1D, the X1 is also a great controller and I'm still not entirely convinced the k2 will beat the x1 for everything.

The x1 has a big advantage of having great native traktor maps and integration. No MIDI maps needed, just plug an play and choose between deck and sample map. Then you can swap sides or the deck arrangement on the x1s within traktor if you use two. The buttons feel amazing and have the controls printed on them and the knobs/pots are great.

I will still be buying two K2s but those are some things I will miss and I'm waiting to see how the buttons and knobs feel.

When it comes to mapping, I like to do it my self I am thinking about xone 1d only cuz it has faders, so its more useful for internal mixing.

if it's for internal mixing AND you like your fair share of mapping on your own, I would hold out for the K2. It has an extra row of (logical) knobs so you can map the EQ's the way you would compared to the 1d where you'll miss a row.
    Plus the layer options look like it can fulfill all of the mapping quests you'll ever encounter.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Pozdrav Stefanko,

It depends of how you want to use it. If you look for faders then get K2. It's more portable than 1D and lot more expressive if you are doing your own mappings.

Stevan.