The Louie V's Setup. - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RockingClub View Post
    Whamm! Another big shot!
    Looking forward to hear about it. Maybe you'll even want to shoot a short demo video. Very much interested in its capabilities. I was thinking about buying one as an effect unit for music production purposes (+double function: could be used in my DJing sets as well)
    Its a great unit, but very dangerous, and has some serous bad potential... (trust me im going to be writting up a pretty big article on my take on the RMX). Nonetheless, its a phenomenal unit. I've been lucky enough to use it a few times before buying it, but it wasn't til yesterday that i learned the true potential of it with remix box. I'll go more in depth soon, and a video may be possible...

Updates, Updates, Updates....
    Aug 3rd 2012

Updated again, nothing new, just adding to the story...

Before we start the timeline here are the most up to date pics:

Updated: 08/27/12
    So after about a month with the RMX-1000 and a few months with the Kontrol F1's, I have started using both at gigs. The F1's i admit aren't being used as much as I though i would be using them, while there are some gigs where I really use them a lot, those gigs are far and few in-between, there are occasionally gigs where I'm not using them, however most of the time they do get a bit of use, and overall I never saw them as a huge investment, so they have definitely paid themselves off. The RMX-1000 on the other hand is very often used, while I am comfortable leaving behind the F1's from time to time, the RMX-1000 is always with me. Its the first thing I pack. Considering the fact that I wasn't a huge fan of the on-board effects on the DJM-900Nexus, I am becoming dependent on the RMX-1000 and its features. Sometimes it may just be adding a reinforcing kick, or creating a loop, then softly fading it out while its on over the continuing song, or using the Isolator effects, hell sometimes i just the just the release effects by themselves, or sometimes i use all its got. Its a freaken awesome unit and I'm really happy I got it.

Updated 6/2/14
    Not the original pic, but figured i'd post it cuz i thought it looked cool.

Just wanted to pop my head in and shout how jealous I am about the Zero 8. I'm past the point where I'd want one but when I was playing in ableton exclusively and doing more live-PAish stuff, it was pretty much my dream mixer. I literally remember going to the DJ shop on like... Walnut in philly where they had one behind glass and just pressing my face up to it and staring for hours. Lovely piece of kit.

Great setup overall, mate.

Hey Louis,

just found out you wanted to hook up on facebook a while ago. Unfortunately it was my older, unused fb account.
    If you still want to hook up, just let me know your fb name and I'll look you up!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by protocollie View Post
    Just wanted to pop my head in and shout how jealous I am about the Zero 8. I'm past the point where I'd want one but when I was playing in ableton exclusively and doing more live-PAish stuff, it was pretty much my dream mixer. I literally remember going to the DJ shop on like... Walnut in philly where they had one behind glass and just pressing my face up to it and staring for hours. Lovely piece of kit.

Great setup overall, mate.
    Thanks. I've do a lot of afters and it makes a fantastic hub mixer to hook up everyone's setup. It really is the dream mixer and I've been really lucky to acquire it.

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Hey Louis,

just found out you wanted to hook up on facebook a while ago. Unfortunately it was my older, unused fb account.
    If you still want to hook up, just let me know your fb name and I'll look you up!
    At the end of every segment in the actual timeline is a link.... Here it is again... Lol Www.facebook.com/LouieVBBp that's my personal account so you most likely won't find gig info there (unless it's a pretty big) but it'll give u my real name to look up my other accounts.

Thanks and invited.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Not too much in form of updates... These pics are from a house party I did at my place this weekend. Had to remove the decks to make space for another... Also finally got some monitors. Got some stuff in the pipeline for next year, looking to start hosting some local djs for a podcast once every other week or so... working on building a desk about 3x the size of my current table...

Sweet setup. A nice little podcast studio with everything you need. Good job man!

just ordered some new stuff from the DJTT store for a party I'm throwing on cinco de mayo. Will post pics as soon as it comes through. Huge thanks to Matías & Adam for being awesome and helping get this order through. Pics soon.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast