Double Dutchdj Setup.

Default Double Dutchdj Setup.

This shot was taken on one of the many jam sessions I have at my studio. I say studio more like noise unit. I rent a decent sized commercial unit where I can make as much noise as I want, hence I've got about 4k of PA gear with some very very very beefy subs that I truly love.

At only 2 years of age this is the oldest pic I've got and much has changed since then, my setup in this pic was the Technic 1210, DJTechTools VCI 100, Stanton SCS system, Nano pad and Traktor Pro.

Here's my preferred current set up, X1, Maschine, Vestax PDX 3000 mix, Rane TTM56, MPK 49, LPK 25, Kaoss Pad 3, Line 6 FBV (pedal controller under desk) Sennheiser HD 25-1 II and a pair of Ortofon S-120. Boring as it may sound, out of everything I bought in the last couple of years those needles are probably my favourite purchase, there simply epic! Never have I experienced a needle that is awesome for timecode, skratching but is still brilliant sounding with real wax.

I use the LPK for softsynths mainly in Kore 2 and the MPK 49 is hooked up to the midi port on the Vestax PDX 3000. Bit of an over kill for a powerful controller like the MPK but it also gets used for controllerism and a bit of production.

I'll spend some time sorting the mess that is my unit and get some more pictures uploaded as there is plenty more that I don't yet have pictures of. I envy those who have taken pics of all there setups from day one, I started out 15 years ago and only have very cloudy memory's of all the weird and wonderful setups I've been through.

drool , nice space
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Default nice

i see lots of smoking paraphernalia laying around looks like a real place you can lose time in ;-)

Tech Student

Hello.
    In the old setup picture I see two Pioneer DJM-707 mixers: one silver and one...black?!??
    Is it a customized faceplate mixer?

Well spotted that man, that belongs to my fellow dj who rents the Unit/studio with me.

It's actually not custom, I think Pioneer done a limited run when they first came out. The Black one in the picture is approaching a decade of heavy use, outdoors indoors, dragged all over the country and it still soldiers on. With the occasional clean and caig lube, all fades are in great condition. The only sign of age is where paints worn from Skratching.

The silver 707 in the pic is one of my secondary/reserve mixers, there built like tanks and often go for peanuts secondhand. My friend bought his for just under £600 when they first came out, I think it wasn't much longer than 18 months before they were discontinued and remaining stock was slashed to about £270 new (hence my friend became rather bitter at that point). It was a time when Vestax battle mixers were kings, a whole culture that wasn't ready for Pioneer battle mixer despite the gulf in audio and build quality, hell it's taken Vestax this long to finally make a proper modern day xfader found on the new 05, where as Pioneer's contactless infrared fade came out donkeys years ago.

Tech Student

So the black 707 is like a 909? I got a white 707 since 2005 (great mixer for 250 euros!) and a 909. As you say, people was not ready for non Vestax mixers at the time! Your black 707 (very limited, maybe it exists only 20 or 50) is beautiful! I love the 707 and I love Pioneer's crossfader.
    How do you clean the linefaders?

Thanks man! Great setup!