Numark IO soundcard. Cant hear music - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It just saves us both a lot of back and forth
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post
    It just doesnt work. I have done everything you have said. Now the recording is not really working but i can hear the music. It HAS to be the settings on my pc or audacity. I have changed the settings but nothing seems to be working. I am lost.

Thanks for taking the time to help me. Any suggestions on the settings?

Hmm. You have to tell the port to receive audio. Otherwise Audacity will just record from the internal microphone of the computer. Maybe you missed this step?
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

I changed both audacity and the PC to receive the USB 2 microphone codecc or whatever its called but it doesn't seem to work. I have to be missing something. I followed the instructions that came with the numark io

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post
    Also I am using the RCA to RCA into my numark sound card. I used to use the 1/8 into the computer but the quality wasn't up to par. That's why I bought the external sound card. So I plugged the cable into the Booth and sound card. Just fyi

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Also I am using the RCA to RCA into my numark sound card.
    Numark IO only has a mono 1/4 input for Microphones ... the RCA's are only Outputs.

You'll need to use the "line in" input on your computer (maybe you are set to microphone?) or get a USB sound card that has stereo line inputs, which the Numark does not have.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Numark IO only has a mono 1/4 input for Microphones ... the RCA's are only Outputs.

You'll need to use the "line in" input on your computer (maybe you are set to microphone?) or get a USB sound card that has stereo line inputs, which the Numark does not have.
    This is the numark i have i dont think it is the IO. It doesnt have the mic input.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=numar...1t:429,r:3,s:0

So you mean to tell me the soundcard i have wont work? the sound card plugs into my computer via USB cable.

No, that will work. RCA TO RCA from the mixer to the input on the soundcard. Deevey is talking about a different model. (numark has 2 different versions of the IO for some reason with different outputs/inputs)

so i have basically come to the conclusion that i have it hooked up right i just must have some setting wrong. I will go home after work today and mess with it a little to see what i come up with.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123