Numark IO soundcard. Cant hear music
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Numark IO soundcard. Cant hear music

I just bought the Numark IO to record my sets in audacity. I hook my cd players and mixer up to it and it looks like it can record mono but how the heck do i hear the music playing out of my speakers??? I have self powered speakers that are hooked up to the amp. I can't find a way to hear the music while the CDjs are plugged into the IO. Any help would be appreciated. My mixer is a Pioneer DJM-600

I'm not sure about PC's as their soundcards probably differ from model to model, but MacBook headphone outputs double as a digital in. So all you would have to do is run an rca to 1/8" cable from the booth out back into your computer, and configure the port to receive audio as opposed to outputting it. An extra peripheral is not needed. If you have a PC with a soundcard that can receive input, then the process will be the same.

So master out from mixer to powered speakers, cd players into the mixer, and booth out into the computer's sound card.
    Last edited by geminimech; 11-27-2011 at 10:05 PM.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

record from the booth out

edit: Doh, should have read the above post :/

I will look into that but yes i have a PC

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    record from the booth out

edit: Doh, should have read the above post :/
    When I try recording from the booth monitor the sound in the recording is way to low. But i have my CDjs plugged into the mixer should i put them back in the IO?

I would be willing to bet that it does. Either that or a Microphone input would work. You can return the sound card and save some cash!
    Cheers!

Have you adjusted the booth monitor volume on the mixer? (I know a dumb question, but I have to ask)
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post

So master out from mixer to powered speakers, cd players into the mixer, and booth out into the computer's sound card.
    My mixer has these 3 pronged cables that plug into my speakers. there is no other input output to use. My mixer basically sends a signal out to my speakers. I can't send anything back from my speakers... Unless there is some special cable that goes from the 3 pronged thing to an RCA.

yeah, the both output should definately be loud enough

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post
    Have you adjusted the booth monitor volume on the mixer? (I know a dumb question, but I have to ask)
    Yes i did also i bought the sound card on ebay. I am basically stuck with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast