Did you hate your VCI-100 when you first got it?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Did you hate your VCI-100 when you first got it?

Ok, so i got everything all set up right with my brand new black VCI 100. Im running it with Traktor Pro,. First impressions,

It should be said that i have been using 1200's, pio DJM, SSL,with Virtual DJ software. So much of this might be due to learning curve. But i feel like ive never mixed a record before in my life using this so far.

i do love the feel of how sturdy it is, and definitely know that this thing could withstand life on the road. But , it feels so miniature and condensed. Granted i wanted a unit that was portable, but this justs seems to small for my taste.

Did the VCI-100 take some time to grow on you for the Digital Vinyl Users? Or was it something you adored right out of the box? ( iknow it looks pretty, but do you love its functionality when you first got it.)

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

It took me a bit to adjust to the mappings and make it work like I wanted, but once I did that I was sold.

It took a slight adjustment to my DJ style, but that grew with time.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

To me the vci-100 was a godsend, I was previously using cd's & 1200s. Then I got a X-Session Pro and started doing alot of research cuz I wanted to upgrade within months. The first day when I got the VCI I was lost! But to be honest this website has helped me use the vci-100 to the max. Once you tweak the settings to your liking & come up with your own style...you'll never look back. If I were you try looking for a Traktor 3 box for sale and give traktor 3 a shot.

BTW Why are you being a Jerk? j/k (I wanted to say that so bad when I saw ur name)
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

are you aiming to beat match manually on the vci?

Tech Mentor

Default beatmatch

What If he was beatmatching manually?Is there problems doing it that way?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

It's rough doing manual beatmatching on the VCI-100 as it is right now. Being the faders transmit on 127 steps, which does not divide equally into 80 steps (8 percent with 1 decimal) or 800 steps (2 decimals) or 1200 steps (12%) or on and on, it gets really difficult to accurately manually beatmatch.

Now, there are ways around it, but it just takes time and effort.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Being curious, what ways are around it, as in my previous posts i was thinking about the black edition of the vci-100 but i mix manually using my ear and ajust the tempo via pitch bending and faders etc, i mix that way on the 1200's and cdj's and most things.

Smallest pitch i have ever used was a numark dmc2, but the jogwheel was good enough to mix tight, so what options does it have against things like that?

Sorry to jump the thread btw

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    BTW Why are you being a Jerk? j/k (I wanted to say that so bad when I saw ur name)
    Sorry i was just born that way Parents named me Joel Richard Kienitz, so my initials are JRK. Guess my parents didnt think much of me before i was born.

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    are you aiming to beat match manually on the vci?
    Well, what i have been doing in Virtual DJ is auto sync BPM, but i never cared if the grid was perfect, cause i always had my vinyl there to nudge fwd or bwkd if the timing was a bit off. Since i wont be using Time Codes, atleast for now in Traktor, i would say no to beatmatching manually.
    I guess the secret in Traktor is make better beatgrids so they sync quite nicely, with out having to nudge.

I just got a Korg Nano Pad today as well, that i am gonna set up for Cue point juggles, so maybe this will help clear up some buttons on my VCI-100.

nudging the platters is doable in traktor with the vci100, it's the precision of the pitch faders that is the constant issue if you are trying to beatmatch manually.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

interesting, because of the whole 127 steps not diving equally over the pitch ranges.
    So i am assuming most of you have the pitch faders assigned for other functions? How about an example?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast