DJ Stephen Durkin's Setup.
    Tech Mentor

Default DJ Stephen Durkin's Setup.

I built thIS setup shown into a DJ Case. the case demensions are 24 in (back to front) 22 inch (side to side) and 4 inch (high) with the lid off. Everything in the case (all included equiptnebt) weights about 34 pounds with the lid off. Everything is extremely tight while lid is on and off.

I added a small, this & lightweight 15 inch external monitor to the rig so I could save space and because its much less intensive on my MacBook Pro. You save a whole lotta resources on your MAC by doing this and it runs much

So heres whats in the setup / DJ Case (Some you can see and some you cant see if its hidden within the case):

4MidiLoop w/ 8 Arcade Buttons which I modded myself

Two ICON IDJ controllers which I stripped and modded to only contain 2 Jogs Wheels each (4 Jogs in all)

Mini Keyboard

Rolls Direct Line Box MB15b. Allows DB Boost to XLR BAlanced and can make an RCA output have a Balanced DB Output as well

Powered T7 USB Hub w/ 7 Powered USB Ports (Hidden underneath)

RME Babyface Soundcard (Best sounding sound card I ever heard) It makes NI Audio 2,4,6,8,10 sound like a transistor Radio

15 inch TFT LED External Monitor (which can handle 1024 - 768 Resolution

Two LED Lights (One For Keyboard & One for the 4MidiLoop)

A power strip providing power to all things in the setup as well as 4 open plugs for anything I might need to additionally plug in. Theres a 8 Foot cord attached to the power strip so I can plug it into any outlet and instantly everything is powered on.

Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amplifier So the headphone monitor volume coming from my soundcard can be made much louder (hidden underneath)

MacBook Pro

A MACBOOK stand. Allows me to run my MAC in Clamshell mode and keep it safe, space saving / compact and solid while it runs in "closed" mode

Honestly this setup is a dream come true.

Here is a vid showcasing what brought me to this project.

http://youtu.be/kiuoZcrHB54
    Last edited by thictool; 11-28-2011 at 01:32 PM.

That's really very slick. I really want to make some sort all in one unit mounted in a flight case some day. Ah well, pipe dreams
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Guru

Very nicely done. I love how you have the macbook setup also a real ingenious way of keeping it safe and out of the way while still fully functional.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Mentor

awesome looking setup, and I agree with you about the different layers haha.
    TRAKTOR Kontrol S4 | Hercules RMX |Blackbook Pro | HDJ 500
    Soundcloud.com/Pooniwala