DaveTheOne Setup
    Tech Convert

Default DaveTheOne Setup

Hello All.
    My current setup.

Last edited by Jester; 01-23-2013 at 03:59 AM.

Welcome! I like the positioning of the Axiom! (I had a some bad times with M-Audio).

Why two copies of Pro Tools?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Welcome! I like the positioning of the Axiom! (I had a some bad times with M-Audio).

Actually one is protools the other is media composer.

Really? Bad times with M-audio? This particular controller is actually phenomenal with Reason and with Pro Tools. The mapping for Ableton Live is great too; it did take a while to learn to program it to specifically control everything in Pro Tools (faders, grouped faders, Virtual Instruments and custom mapping) There was a bald guy at digidesign; I believe his name was phil jackson (like the coach from the bulls) that had videos on the M-audio website that helped me with it. That guy was a god; even his pro tools tips videos (can be found on youtube) were amazing! Watch this

And this one

He was the man before they let him go....
    www.soundcloud.com/davetheonemendez Asus Rampage Gene II Hackintosh, I7 2.66 GHZ Quad Core, 16GB Ram, Mac Mini 2.66GHZ Core 2 duo, 8GB Ram, HP Envy 14 Beats Limited Edition I7 Sandy Bridge 2.2 GHZ Quad core with 8GB Ram, Akai Apc 40, Novation Launchpad, Akai LPD8, DDJ-SX, Akai MPD 32, Axiom Pro 49, Event 20/20BAS Monitors. Serato DJ, Traktor 2.6, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reason 6.x, Pro Tools 10 HD, Recycle.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post

I belief looking at the screen shots its actually logic on one and ableton on the other and no copies of protools at all.

My issue would be why 2 mac minis

But have just noticed the 2 avid boxes on the shelf I'm guessing logic was an App Store download rather than boxed version?
    Last edited by michael133; 01-23-2013 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Spotted avid boxes on shelf

Welcome! Impressive setup, fixed the pic for ya so it looks even better
    Acer E5 i7 2TB 16GB ~ 512GB SSD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ X1 ~ DN-X1600 ~ X1 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ AT2020

"This aggression will not stand, man."

Tech Convert

Ok I'll try to answer again; my first reply didn't go through; One box is actually Avid Media Composer 6.

I've had incredible experiences with the Axiom Pro 49 and hypercontrol; especially with pro tools, reason and ableton live. The workflow with pro tools is simply amazing. I've had the M-audio Firewire Solo since it was released and it still serves me well. If you can snap up an axiom pro I highly recommend; look for Phil Jacksons (former avid employee) pro tools accelerated videos as well as his axiom pro programming videos. This guys videos were legendary.

I don't have 2 mac mini's; One is a mac mini and one is an airport extreme (router) The mini tank to the left of the workstation is a hackintosh I7 quadcore 2.66 with 16gb Ram.

I have a poor eye when it comes to pictures (and I own an canon eos 5d mark III) so i'm not quite sure how the picture was improved but Thank You!

PS
    I know I need a real chair/chairs, I haven't found one that is stylish and comfortable yet.
    Last edited by davetheonemendez; 01-23-2013 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Thank the moderator
    www.soundcloud.com/davetheonemendez Asus Rampage Gene II Hackintosh, I7 2.66 GHZ Quad Core, 16GB Ram, Mac Mini 2.66GHZ Core 2 duo, 8GB Ram, HP Envy 14 Beats Limited Edition I7 Sandy Bridge 2.2 GHZ Quad core with 8GB Ram, Akai Apc 40, Novation Launchpad, Akai LPD8, DDJ-SX, Akai MPD 32, Axiom Pro 49, Event 20/20BAS Monitors. Serato DJ, Traktor 2.6, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reason 6.x, Pro Tools 10 HD, Recycle.

holy mother have enough apple peripherals?

You literally have my dream set up minus the vinyl!
    //Soundcloud//DeviantART//Need a custom dj logo? *Temporarily Closed, check thread for details* //
    Set up = Numark iDJ3 :: Akai MPK Mini :: Novation LaunchPad ::

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by spadenation View Post
    holy mother have enough apple peripherals?
    Yeah theres more; I have an apple xpress (wireless router) on the other side of the house and Apple TV and an Ipad 2, 2 iphone 4's a 4S and a 5. We're an Apple family.

Quote Originally Posted by davoh View Post
    You literally have my dream set up minus the vinyl!
    It's a bit cluttered; The Apc 40 is a little too big. Before the Apc 40 arrived I had the Mpd 32 on the laptop stand and everything fit and felt just right. Once I got the Apc it just didn't fit anywhere. There are other solutions but I need a bigger room; there are additional swiveling panels that will fit equipment on the side vertical rails but I don't have room on either side in this small space.
    Last edited by davetheonemendez; 01-23-2013 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Add second quote