HELP! Hooking up Traktor Scratch Pro 2 + DJM 900 + CDJ200's - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Regarding sorting your music by genre, key, time slot or whatever... You can simply create playlists and drag tracks into them from your collection at will.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    whaaaa?? are we talking bout CDJ's in HID mode in Traktor? Cause I much rather plug in one extra USB cable then plug in 2 sets of RCA's, and yes input/output routing can be confusing to ssome, but I would think that would be the same amount of hassle as setting up a aggregate audio device
    If you use the DJM as your Traktor sound card there is no need for RCA cables. The routing is a little counter-intuitive since the standard club mixer layout goes 1-2-3-4; whereas Traktor goes A-B-C-D, which is the same as 2-3-1-4. Once you get your head around that it's pretty easy.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    If you use the DJM as your Traktor sound card there is no need for RCA cables. The routing is a little counter-intuitive since the standard club mixer layout goes 1-2-3-4; whereas Traktor goes A-B-C-D, which is the same as 2-3-1-4. Once you get your head around that it's pretty easy.
    I dont think you got what I was saying.....I'm saying I think it's easier to plug in the 900 and use it's soundacard then using the 2000's in an aggregate audio situation.....so basically I was saying the same exact thing. I own and most frequently use all this equipment, so I speak from experience, for those who care.

Tech Guru

I was mainly clarifying about about the "confusing routing". Anyone who uses this equipment should be familiar with both setup options as there will be many clubs out there using mixers without a sound card.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    I was mainly clarifying about about the "confusing routing". Anyone who uses this equipment should be familiar with both setup options as there will be many clubs out there using mixers without a sound card.
    nice save attempt......but I made it clear not only is it not confusing to me, but that I was simply comparing it's degree of difficulty to about the same as setting up an aggregate audio device. Either is not difficult for those who have been digital DJ'n for an extended amount of time, or the amount of time and experience that in my opinion should be neccesary to be digital DJ'n in a club.

Tech Guru

Thanks for repeatedly explaining how easy everything is for you.

Tech Guru

no problem. I understand that no matter how clear or unclear you make yourself in writing, theres always someone that needs you to repeat what you wrote.....sometimes it even needs to be repeated a couple of times.

Tech Mentor

Interesting what was said here about channels A & B Traktor being channels 2 & 3 on the mixer (by default at least). Other than it just seeming like better integration, the reason I cannot set it up using 'aggregate device' (or rather ASIO as I'm a windows boys (MacHeads leave room in disgust as though I just felt up their sister ), is I will be sharing use of the decks with DJs who are old schooling it with CDs... (funny how CDs are becoming old school as vinyl was just a few years ago... Old old school?). What was clear from this and other posts is that creating an aggregate device means that should one of the CDJs be taken out of 'control mode', that will 'break' the aggregate device, and cause play to stop on both decks :/ whereas I am assuming né hoping, that using the DJM as the audio device, and selecting control mode on each CDJ, while Traktor continues to play one of the decks can be taken out of control mode, and a normal CD cued up as the incoming track so DJs can change smoothly in the mix? Is this correct?? Which brings me to my next question... can I route Traktor audio to DJM to the same channel numbers that the CDJs are currently plugged into, and simply change input select from 'line' to 'usb' and back again, or do I have to/would it be wiser to have the Traktor A&B with their own dedicated mixer channel, that is to say have CDJs as CD player; channels 2&3, and same CDJs as Traktor control devices; channels 1 & 4. I hope this is't TOOOOO specific, it is simply that I want to have as much of this pre-visualised in my head before I even get there to speed things up AND not look like a total dick!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    What was clear from this and other posts is that creating an aggregate device means that should one of the CDJs be taken out of 'control mode', that will 'break' the aggregate device, and cause play to stop on both decks :/
    The aggregate device remains active on the computer side as long as the USB cable is still connected. Taking the CDJ out of control mode simply mutes the sound coming from that channel of the aggregate device.
    On Windows however, turning off or unplugging either CDJ (aggregated) while Traktor was running crashed the whole Traktor app for me.

whereas I am assuming né hoping, that using the DJM as the audio device, and selecting control mode on each CDJ, while Traktor continues to play one of the decks can be taken out of control mode, and a normal CD cued up as the incoming track so DJs can change smoothly in the mix? Is this correct??
    This is correct, but is also possible when using the CDJ sound cards too.

Which brings me to my next question... can I route Traktor audio to DJM to the same channel numbers that the CDJs are currently plugged into, and simply change input select from 'line' to 'usb' and back again, or do I have to/would it be wiser to have the Traktor A&B with their own dedicated mixer channel, that is to say have CDJs as CD player; channels 2&3, and same CDJs as Traktor control devices; channels 1 & 4.
    This is really personal preference more than anything. Unless you plan on mixing with Traktor and CDs simultaneously (3 or 4 decks), switching from Line/USB is fine.

Tech Mentor

Short, clear, succinct. Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12