HELP! Hooking up Traktor Scratch Pro 2 + DJM 900 + CDJ200's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default HELP! Hooking up Traktor Scratch Pro 2 + DJM 900 + CDJ200's

Ok I just switched from serato scratch live to Traktor Scratch Pro 2. First off the equipment I have is DJM 900 mixer, 2 CDJ-2000's, Mac Book Pro, Traktor Scratch Pro 2. I bought the Traktor Scratch Upgrade since it works with the DJM 900 Mixer. This is what I want to do. First I dont always use a lap top so I would like to be able to use regular cd's when ever I want. I also use Rekordbox (usb stick) What is the best way to hook up my set up? Right now I have a Lan switch with the CDJ's, Mixer, and computer hooked up to it. I also have usb from the two cdj's going to the mixer. Lastly I have the digital cable going from the cdj's to mixer. There has to be some way to use CD's, Rekordbox, and Traktor with out all the cables. How can I use CD's Rekordbox, and Traktor with out all the cables all over the place? I am not using a X1 controller so I am wanting to make my CDJ's native to traktor. Second part is how do I make Traktor Scratch pro 2 native to my cdj's? I found the video on how to set up the mixer but I didn't see how you got to the very first screen to change the settings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bspD_Hxi-4M. I don't have any idea how to navigate through Traktor so please be as spcific as possiable when explaining.

Setting up my music:

So after I get this all set up how do I sort my music? In serato I had different crates for each genre. On Traktor I didn't see how to do that same type of thing. Sorry I am sure alot of this is super easy to some of you but your help is appriacated.

Plug the DJM900 via USB into your Macbook.

Plug the 2 CDJ's via RCA's into the inputs of your DJM900.

Follow the video which you posted in your first post.

Sorted?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

question connected to this thread... I have a gig weekend after next using this configuration. djm900/2xcdj2000. Not sweating the setup, but curious to the limits. I'll be using the HID signal not timecode, and selecting 900NEXUS as my soundcard. Once i have done all that obviously the effects and mixing of the traktor is not controllable (other than with keyboard), but can i use the all of the 900s effects in full the same as if it were just CDJs connected directly via direct audio inputs?? cheers!

If you're using HID, don't plug in the mixer. Just the CDJs.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Guru

For the ideal Traktor HID setup you should connect both the mixer and CDJs to your computer with USB cables. Use the DJM as your sound card for Traktor after installing the DJM drivers and you'll be able to easily record your mix. No RCAs or ethernet cables are needed for the Traktor setup.

For Rekordbox you'll need an ethernet switch and 4 ethernet cables to connect your mixer, CDJs, and computer to the switch. You'll need analogue/digital RCA cables from each CDJ to the mixer in this setup. No USB cables are needed for the Rekordbox setup.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    question connected to this thread... I have a gig weekend after next using this configuration. djm900/2xcdj2000. Not sweating the setup, but curious to the limits. I'll be using the HID signal not timecode, and selecting 900NEXUS as my soundcard. Once i have done all that obviously the effects and mixing of the traktor is not controllable (other than with keyboard), but can i use the all of the 900s effects in full the same as if it were just CDJs connected directly via direct audio inputs?? cheers!
    Yes, you can apply FX to the USB sound card channels of the DJM in just the same way as you would with standard audio inputs.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    For the ideal Traktor HID setup you should connect both the mixer and CDJs to your computer with USB cables. Use the DJM as your sound card for Traktor after installing the DJM drivers and you'll be able to easily record your mix. No RCAs or ethernet cables are needed for the Traktor setup.

For Rekordbox you'll need an ethernet switch and 4 ethernet cables to connect your mixer, CDJs, and computer to the switch. You'll need analogue/digital RCA cables from each CDJ to the mixer in this setup. No USB cables are needed for the Rekordbox setup.

Edit:

Yes, you can apply FX to the USB sound card channels of the DJM in just the same way as you would with standard audio inputs.
    If you don't want to record, and want ease of setup, don't bother connecting the DJM.

Edit:

hey makar:

why would you need to plug in the pc on the 4th ethernet cable? i'm asking because I do not know and I am curious. (not trying to troll)

I thought you just needed three. (mixer and 2 decks to be able to use rekordbox quantizing and file sharing from one usb)

Tech Guru

By "Rekordbox" I'm assuming the use of the Rekordbox application on the computer as your music library, rather than USB sticks or SD cards directly on the player.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

By "Rekordbox" I'm assuming the use of the Rekordbox application on the computer as your music library, rather than USB sticks or SD cards directly on the player.
    [facepalm]! i totally forgot about using the rekordbox app on the computer, rather than the USB.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    If you don't want to record, and want ease of setup, don't bother connecting the DJM.
    whaaaa?? are we talking bout CDJ's in HID mode in Traktor? Cause I much rather plug in one extra USB cable then plug in 2 sets of RCA's, and yes input/output routing can be confusing to ssome, but I would think that would be the same amount of hassle as setting up a aggregate audio device

Edit: if you read the OP's question (duh) you are right.....disregard
    Last edited by manchild; 04-16-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast