Backpack/Bag for carrying around a MBP and an iPad
    Tech Guru

Default Backpack/Bag for carrying around a MBP and an iPad

I'm looking for a good backpack to carry around my MBP and iPad plus other gear/items. I don't mind paying unto 100$ maybe a little more. I looked at some they had in the Apple Store and I refuse to pay 150$ for an overpriced bag that wouldn't hold much more than those two things and a single book.

Anyone found a good quality bag that has space for both items to sit securely and safely? It doesn't necessarily have to be a backpack but it would be preferred.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Depending on what accessories you're trying to carry, I think a shoulder bag like this would suit your needs. I don't have this exact one, but the one I have (that I got from a Salesforce event) has padding for the laptop, a mesh pocket that I use for my iPad and several extra pockets of various sizes that I currently only use for power cables.

I would imagine that I'd be able to carry a few smaller things like an audio interface, extra audio cables, a pair of dicers or MIDI Fighter Classic, but wouldn't be ideal for carrying your typical MIDI controller in addition to the laptop, iPad, and power cables.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Tech Mentor

I was seriously thinking about the JetPack by Orbit Concepts

http://orbitconcepts.com/

On the expensive side though, but I wish it held a 12" mixer.

Tech Guru

@No Left Turn that is way too small. I think it only holds a "13 MBP also and I need one to hold a "15. I like that JetPack Bag but like you said it's very expensive. I don't mind paying a premium but seeing as I just spent $2K on my laptop I would like to keep the bag under or around 100$

I do currently use a single strap should bag to carry around my iPad or my MBP. It can hold both of them but almost nothing else. I wouldn't be opposed to getting an additional bag that was smaller to hold just one of them and a few more things. Anyone have any ideas. I've been looking through the UDG bags lately. I've heard mixed reviews on them though.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)