30 MIN Deep and Dark Underground Journey through Tribal Techno and House
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default 30 MIN Deep and Dark Underground Journey through Tribal Techno and House

Yes, this mix is for the Igloo DJ Competition, I would be very grateful if you would help and support an underground techno/house artist as there seems to be less and less of us around.

I would get a chance to play with Tiefschwarz which would be such an honor!

Besides that, this mix is straight forward, nothing too fancy-dancy. I focused on smooth blends and track selection rather than throwing a bunch of songs together and layering effects. I attempt to build a theme/story throughout the mix that reflects my primal inner self.

Feedback and Criticism is most welcomed!

Tracklisting:

1.) Mr. & Mrs. Blackwood (Original Mix)
    By Charles Widmore & Daniel Rajkovic

2.) Glory (Sascha Riot Remix)
    By Denied

3.) Minha Casa (Original Mix)
    By Leon

4.) Forty Six Days (Live Rework)
    By Saytek

5.) Wonka (Original Mix)
    By Fabio Neural

6.) The Boatshow (Original Mix)
    By Heiko Laux, Steve Rachmad
    Last edited by Bl4ck3n3D; 12-01-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Tech Mentor

How can this have 23 views yet no one listens? Wth?

how about posting a tracklist?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Hmmm it's 30 minutes long and I've got 30 minutes before Sons of Anarchy starts. Guess I'll listen to this.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    how about posting a tracklist?
    If you care to follow the link and listen, the tracklist is posted on mixcloud

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Hmmm it's 30 minutes long and I've got 30 minutes before Sons of Anarchy starts. Guess I'll listen to this.
    Awesome series, haven't watched any of the new season though. Usually wait until the end and watch them in a single week. Hate waiting week to week to see what happens next >_<

Do you watch any of the AMC originals?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bl4ck3n3D View Post
    If you care to follow the link and listen, the tracklist is posted on mixcloud
    To be fair, I doubt most people would take the time to even go that far if they don't see a tracklisting here first

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Awesome series, haven't watched any of the new season though. Usually wait until the end and watch them in a single week. Hate waiting week to week to see what happens next >_<

Do you watch any of the AMC originals?
    Part one of the season finale was last night and it's getting pretty hairy with about 3 plots going on all ending next week. They started a whole new potential plot last night to that will take us through to next season. It's to the point where absolutely anybody could be killed now and I wouldn't be surprised.

The only AMC one I watch is Walking Dead. I was watching Breaking Bad, but for whatever reason didn't catch up a couple of seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    To be fair, I doubt most people would take the time to even go that far if they don't see a tracklisting here first
    I've been married for 18 years so my standards are much lower than Keith's and Nephew's so I clicked on it. It was a solid set with good tunes, but unfortunately I don't think it's a contest winner. Which sucks because it's the way I prefer to mix. With the ADD that it seems everybody has now days if your not changing songs every 30.2 seconds you suck.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Banned

Which sucks because it's the way I prefer to mix. With the ADD that it seems everybody has now days if your not changing songs every 30.2 seconds you suck.
    This makes me sad

Tech Mentor

Part one of the season finale was last night and it's getting pretty hairy with about 3 plots going on all ending next week. They started a whole new potential plot last night to that will take us through to next season. It's to the point where absolutely anybody could be killed now and I wouldn't be surprised.

The only AMC one I watch is Walking Dead. I was watching Breaking Bad, but for whatever reason didn't catch up a couple of seasons ago.

I've been married for 18 years so my standards are much lower than Keith's and Nephew's so I clicked on it. It was a solid set with good tunes, but unfortunately I don't think it's a contest winner. Which sucks because it's the way I prefer to mix. With the ADD that it seems everybody has now days if your not changing songs every 30.2 seconds you suck.
    Thanks for listening and commenting. I agree with you, I can't stand the ADD style of mixing. People forget the true art of DJing these days, which is mainly to paint a musical soundscape and create a journey for the listener to fall into, not erratically change pace every 2-3 mins. While that mixing style can be done properly, it is not my style and I wouldn't put something up there that doesn't reflect who I am as a DJ.

Hopefully because this style is not so prevalent anymore, the mix may stand out. I thought maybe because Tiefschwarz was playing that they'd want music that compliments his style - which is far from the ADD type of mixing embraced by the youth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast