CDJ 850K Promo Vid - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Great marketing or so it seems...........make it in black so you can go 'oooohhhh and ahhhhhh'.......Pioneer has nothing new so fuck it, paint it black!

lol why are you people acting like Pioneer added a new product. it just means that they now offer the 850s in black in addition to the silver one. they did it with many of their products such as the DJM-700 which comes in black or the DJM-700 S which comes in silver. same product, different color. simple as that.

black does look way more classy than silver, imo, and matches the rest of their lineup.

however if that little -k at the end of the product name is going to cost more dollars (either directly from pioneer, or through unnecessary hype), I'll be less impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Better Living View Post
    black does look way more classy than silver, imo, and matches the rest of their lineup.

however if that little -k at the end of the product name is going to cost more dollars (either directly from pioneer, or through unnecessary hype), I'll be less impressed.
    dunno about your place but here all the k stuff is priced the same as the regular ones.

Tech Mentor

can you hook up a external harddrive and link em like the 900 and 2000?

Quote Originally Posted by 123xyz View Post
    can you hook up a external harddrive and link em like the 900 and 2000?
    it has a USB drive but no link. that's 900 and 2000 exclusive.

Era 7: Hmm. Correct you are. My b.

I mean, it's not a problem with anything else currently (and more a likely issue with dealers), but I have the lingering feeling that as soon as they come out, certain vendors will play up the "it's brand new, now in black!" thing, and sneak in a small premium until the initial scramble for launch units has died down.

I can see the free-market capitalist view that if people are willing to pay extra for it, then why not sell it for extra, but paying anything extra for a color change (presuming the extra color doesn't cost them anything extra to produce, which I'd hazard a guess to say it doesnt), then that just irks me. but I digress...

We shall see when it actually hits store shelves.

meh....I'll keep my Denon DNS3700's
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Sweet, yeah it's just a color change but it makes the units look like part of the more professional line like the 900/2000 instead of standing out. That was one thing I never liked about the CDJ-800s- they stood out to make it obvious you didn't have the 1000s. The 850s are a great option anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12