Upgrade from mixtrack pro - what now?
    Tech Convert

Default Upgrade from mixtrack pro - what now?

Hey guys,

Thinking about upgrading from my mixtrack pro, Basically I want more features/better quality. I've mapped and modded the MTP heaps, but the low quality plasticyness of it is getting a bit old. Will be used with T2P (which I already have) so yea.

Something ~$700 or so, really only needs to be 2 channel, pretty much found myself just being a standard dj (ie just mixing, fx and filters, no sample decks or cue juggling etc, and I hardly touch the jogs except for cueing things up).

The S2 would be awesome IF it had dedicated filter knobs sigh. Also looking at maybe the pio ddj-ergo v, otherwise maybe I should spend the extra cash and get the S4.... tho thats a bit harder to swallow justifying that money when i'm really only a bedroom DJ sigh. Maybe the S4/VCI400 (storedj told me the 400 has an rrp of $1049, pretty alright).... or yea, I dunno. Maybe even something like the novation twitch mapped to traktor, or even as different as a usb mixer and 2xtraktor x1s... or maybe a traditional home setup with a mixer and 2xcdjs connected to traktor 2?

Thoughts?

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by moda View Post
    The S2 would be awesome IF it had dedicated filter knobs sigh.
    unless u use your gain knobs a lot (instead of autogain) why not map those to filters? i think they're encoders tho so you'd need some way to re-center the filter - or just set the filter to reset/turnoff when u stop moving the encoder or something?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    unless u use your gain knobs a lot (instead of autogain) why not map those to filters? i think they're encoders tho so you'd need some way to re-center the filter - or just set the filter to reset/turnoff when u stop moving the encoder or something?
    I believe there is actually an option within the preferences that allows you to switch the gain knobs to filters.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

If you already bought a mixer, you'll need an interface now, plus something to control the decks with unless you're okay with using the mouse and keyboard. An x1 would work great, unless you want platters, in which case you should have just bought an s2
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Tech Wizard

Get the S4, leaves the door open for more later on which you know you will want more once you master a smaller controller..
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Ableton Live 8, Vestax VCM-600, Technics 1210 MK5 (2), Audio8DJ, Vintage Urei 1620 Rotary Mixer, Bozak CMA-10-2DL Custom Mixer, Kontrol X1 (2), Pioneer EFX-500, Facebook www.DJJasonPaul.com

the akai apc 40 is dipped in win
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

I'd say VCI-100SE + Traktor Audio 2, good quality and awesome DJTT support.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Tech Mentor

Wait up for the denon dn mc3000. It's got dedicated gain as well as filter knobs. Also has 4 hot cues just if you decide to go down that route.
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8