Which controller is the best for a first one? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i'm starting now with Reloop Mixage IE, it's cheap, and good, have all features that you need
    SoundCloud
    Mixcloud
    Progression on TFB-Radio
    Pioneer CDJ-100, Pioneer DJM-250, Technics RP-DH1200

Tech Mentor

xone dx
    I AM A DISK JERKER

I like mostapha's advice. Sound cards are easier to sell in aftermarket and there are tons of used controllers out there. What about an audio 2 and a cheap midi controller. 700 bucks is a lot to put down for an initial investment into a hobby you know very little about.

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    I like mostapha's advice. Sound cards are easier to sell in aftermarket and there are tons of used controllers out there. What about an audio 2 and a cheap midi controller. 700 bucks is a lot to put down for an initial investment into a hobby you know very little about.
    That's less than what I spent on my first vinyl setup…but it was easy to sell Technics that you bought used without losing any money. I have yet to see that happen in the controller world, so IMHO, it's about minimizing risk.

mixtrack with an audio 2 sound card.. u do not need to spend 700 on a first set up 300 tops would be my budget..
    this is a great controller and will help you get the feel for what u need and want to do with djing.. then move on to bigger and better things..
    Macbook Pro - Kontrol S2 - Kontrol X1 - Traktor Pro 2 - Fool’s Gold x AIAIAI TMA-1 (for gigs) AKG 271hd (for studio and recording) on the way: DJM 800 with 2 CDJ 2000s
    THE SET UP

Tech Wizard

my personal take on a beginner is jump in full throttle. If not you end up spending tons of money on more and more gear. ''this one is ok, but this one is better'' - on the note of not liking it, if you have decent gear, its easily resell able.

The advice I can give you is deffinately to shop around and ALWAYS ask for the better deal. If they say they can't, they're lying.
    Current gear PIC- Pioneer DJM-2000 2 x CDJ-2000's HDJ-2000 Rekordbox Stanton Überstand ZOMO case Powersquid Calamari Gigaware Squid hub Ableton Traktor Scratch Pro 2 MixedInKey TuneUp MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 512 GB SSD
    Gear in limbo -> Serato Video SL The Bridge Rane SL4

Tech Mentor

If you're sure you prefer Traktor, the S2 is a great first piece of kit. However, if you're leaning towards a more traditional approach, don't forget Itch! The Vestax VCI-300 Mk II is in the same price range as the S2.

it depends on what style of djing you want to do, two X1's is a great setup same with a midi fighter and a mixer. i use use ableton live and a mpd32 and i love it saves table space and the controller provides everything i need and more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12