Serato and VCi-100?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Serato and VCi-100?

Will the VCi-100 work with Serato?

Nope, thats why the VCI-300 was created.

Tech Wizard

Ahhhhhhhhhh...

Tech Wizard

I really dislike the VCI-100...

Quote Originally Posted by movement23 View Post
    I really dislike the VCI-100...
    Why ? the 1.4 firmware is going to fix alot up man - cant wait for that !
    Basicly will more or less turn the VCI-100 into acting like the VCI-300 with some small differences - + the vci-100 has fx control with the VCI-300 you have to use the jogs, volume fader and pitch fader to get fx which is far from ideal.

Tech Wizard

What exactly is the firmware? Do I have to install it? See the reason I dislike the vci is due to Traktor also. I have had such and unbelievable time of trying to get them to work together and with my sound card, I don't want to do it any longer. I should have listen to my friends and went with Serato or Ableton. I mean I have been a DJ for about twelve years now and I don't really care to DJ anymore because of that duo!!! Know what I mean? I was just trying to do this so I wouldn't fall behind with the technology...

firmware is the software thats installed onto the device that is used for the device to talk to the computer. the new firmware will make the pitch faders and jogs more accurate along with a huge slew of other improvments - these are the only ones that we have officially states are going to be fixed but i can tell you there is TON of other stuff that its going to improve too.

Your going to find that same learning curve no matter what program your using (ableton even more so than Traktor and Serato put together) - welcome to digital djing no one ever said it was going to be easy.

There are hipcups and stuff that makes you pull your hair out along the way, you just need to stick with it and fight the learning curve and you will be happy with what you can do at the end of it all.

If you were just hoping for a quick fix then you will fall behind with technology - all the good digital djs put countless hours into their setups. This isnt an age where you can just plug stuff in, mix and come out of it on the forfront of the technology.

Tech Wizard

How do I get one of these Firmwares? and do I install it?

Quote Originally Posted by movement23 View Post
    How do I get one of these Firmwares? and do I install it?
    1.4 isnt available yet but you can get 1.3 off this site but you need a Firmware upgrade kit to install it. It does involve taking the back of teh vci and getting into its guts to do it but thhere is a video tutorial that ean has done which again is on this site.

Have you watched all the vids on this site regarding eans mappings etc...?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Wizard

Yes I have and it looks pretty simple to do yourself. When does 1.4 come out? also do I have to take apart my VCI-100 every time a new update comes out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast