First cartridge installation

Default First cartridge installation

Sup guys; like the title says, I've just completed installing my first cartridge ever. With that said, I have three concerns.

1: The mini washers that I received with the kit were too large and couldn't fit between the screw and the bolt on the top of the headshell, so I didn't use the washers at all. Is this an issue?

2: There's a little give to the cartridge (I can twist it a little bit). By little, I mean that I have to physically grab it and put a little force into the twist, but it does move nonetheless. Is this a big issue?

3: The installation guide that came with the cartridge mentioned mounting the cartridge at a 23 degree angle to increase skip resistance. Has anyone tried this? I grew cautious when I actually saw the cartridge hitting the vinyl at that angle. I'm sure it's legit, as it came with the manual, but I still see it as possibly problematic.

Thanks to all whom might have an answer for me.
    Cheers and happy holidays ^.^
    alone

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernia View Post
    Sup guys; like the title says, I've just completed installing my first cartridge ever. With that said, I have three concerns.

1: The mini washers that I received with the kit were too large and couldn't fit between the screw and the bolt on the top of the headshell, so I didn't use the washers at all. Is this an issue?

2: There's a little give to the cartridge (I can twist it a little bit). By little, I mean that I have to physically grab it and put a little force into the twist, but it does move nonetheless. Is this a big issue?

3: The installation guide that came with the cartridge mentioned mounting the cartridge at a 23 degree angle to increase skip resistance. Has anyone tried this? I grew cautious when I actually saw the cartridge hitting the vinyl at that angle. I'm sure it's legit, as it came with the manual, but I still see it as possibly problematic.

Thanks to all whom might have an answer for me.
    Cheers and happy holidays ^.^
    1. If it is secure than probably not

2. Like if you grab the cart and twist it with some force it moves around a bit? Shouldn't be an issue, just don't do that.

3. Someone else might have more expertise here but I never do that and mostly use concorde carts which are all straight, guess it might be similar to having a straight arm TT.

Hey Xonetacular pardon me for the minor thread jack, but what about burn-in? I just got my Ortofon Concorde Pros, and I don't know how long to "burn them in" for, or even how to properly do it.... Any advice

1. no idea what you are talking about...

2. why are you twisting the cartridge with your hand? (what type of forces do you think you are going to be putting on this?)

3. mount it at recommended...go from there...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by bmwnutfrombirth View Post
    Hey Xonetacular pardon me for the minor thread jack, but what about burn-in? I just got my Ortofon Concorde Pros, and I don't know how long to "burn them in" for, or even how to properly do it.... Any advice
    You mean break in? I don't know I never had to break mine in and I don't know if they need it or not. Just mix with them.

Tech Wizard

i run all mine the angled way but only with an s-tonearm. it noticeably helps skipping and noticeably wears records faster. control vinyl is cheap and it makes heavy scratching easier

1. no
    2. tighten the headshell to the cart as tight as you can, if it already is, don't worry about it
    3. i would just put them on the standard way, i've had no problems that way for about 2 years now with my m44g's and technics headshells.
    TECH12M5G'S/AUDIO8&TSP2/DJM700/QUADCOREMBP