Midi Fighter vs MPD26
    Tech Convert

Default Midi Fighter vs MPD26

I'm in the market for a new pad based controller to control effects in traktor and for some sampling. I've narrowed it down to the Midi Fighter and MPD26. I am completely torn between the simplicity and great mappings of the Midi Fighter and the control you get with the MPD26. I need you guys to sway me in either direction, because I'm completely neutral right now.

Tech Mentor

lol, sell you my padkontrol for $75,

honestly though im in the same dilemma.(while trying to liquidate assets)

Tech Convert

It's a tough decision.... control vs feel...

and I'd give you $60!

Tech Mentor

lol... sorry but not $60, pads feel amazing, and you can use the touchpad,

i just wish there were a couple more knobs...

The midifighter doesn't have any knobs or faders, and arcade buttons get annoying after a while. There's no velocity sensitivity or aftertouch, and basically no real features. Just 16 note-on messages and some banks or whatever.

I'm assuming that by "sampling," you mean controlling some software sampler (there are a lot of them), since the 2 devices don't actually do any sampling on their own.

But the MPD wins hands down as far as I'm concerned.

Then again, I still haven't figured out people's obsession with the midifighter…thing still seems worthless to me.

Tech Convert

Yeah, I'm sorry I meant cue point juggling in Traktor and I'd like to start dabbling in production

mpd for sure. the midi fighter is a dj performance toy. Anyone remember those alesis air fx things? Anyway, midi fighters are like that.

proper beatmakers and performers have been using mpds for years

Quote Originally Posted by jbk View Post
    Yeah, I'm sorry I meant cue point juggling in Traktor and I'd like to start dabbling in production
    If that's all you're doing, then the midifighter could work…I guess it depends on whether you see yourself getting more use out of the mappings that are available or the extra features of the MPD.

The midifighter is basically useless in a studio. The MPD can do both, including working with some of the MF mappings if you put some work into it.