S4 and waranty voiding - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Going in my signature, very very funny
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Default S4 and waranty voiding

I can see where he is coming from. Basically there should be a warning that lets people know that they won't even be able to fix their s4 themselves if they break the seal. I don't mind voiding the warranty on something as long as I can fix it myself or get it repaired (i.e. Technics 1200s). If I void the warranty on the s4 I can't fix it myself or get it repaired. This is certainly an important distinction to make.

I don't think anyone else should pay for my mistake, but it would a courtesy to individuals looking to do this modification to let them know the full risks of doing so.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    . Basically there should be a warning that lets people know that they won't even be able to fix their s4 themselves if they break the seal.
    There is, its in the EULA:

5. Guarantee and Legal Liability

But, i concede that it should state it on the actual sticker on the S4 and that the EULA is not specific.

I'm gonna suggest that there is better documentation of this.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Say you did this mod and a year later a fader starts to act up. I'm pretty sure that this community could source faders and volume knobs that would be replacements for the S4's parts. You would have to be confident in de-soldering/soldering or go to an electronics repair shop to get it fixed, but I'm sure it could be done. The jog wheels parts might be a little tougher though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

while i agree with the op's views i do have to add, ni state their policy is not to sell to the public, they havent stated that they will not sell to resellers or repair centres, im sure many people buy from or know of someone that buys regularly from a reseller, couldnt you just ask them to order it for you, f*ck it the warranty is void anyway get the pot if you can and replace it, and if all else fails,while i stress that this is not necessarily ethical or the right thing to do (big and red but will still be invisible to some people ) pick up your phone, call your house insurance and tell them that you dropped it down the stairs, remove innobender, fit in new s4 when it arrives, lets be realistic it happens all the time! im sure you have all like me, paid enough insurance over the years to cover the cost. just sayin, dont hate me
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123