Deck B (Right Deck) keeps saying Right Channel Missing please help!!!?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Deck B (Right Deck) keeps saying Right Channel Missing please help!!!?

I recently set up my turntables, mixer, audio 6 etc. However when I play music on Deck B(Right Deck) it keeps saying right channel missing. Not only that, but when I turn the vinyl counter clock wise the song goes in the opposite direction and skips, when I turn it clock wise it skips forward. I have no idea what to do and I really hope someone can help me because I have a gig on December 9th. Heres a video if it helps you understand what is going on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B59pwOHQjBM

Tech Guru

there are a few things it could be il start with the simplest and most likly

1st thing to check are ur needles so swap ur headshells round on the decks, if it goes to the other deck u found ur problem

if not swap ur turntables round, if the problem swaps decks it is likly to be the output on the deck so check the cable for snags, and replace it not likly to be internals but possible.

there are 2 more unlikly situatations

if you have swapped the decks and the problem stays on the same deck it could be ur input on ur audio 6 or a software problem

I had the same problem, and am trying to still find a solution for it, but one thing you can try, and i have no idea why it works but it did for me, is on Traktor switch the input mode from timecode vinyl to timecode CD. No clue why it works though...
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

tombruton69, i tried the first thing you recommended, however that caused a problem on the left deck and fixed nothing on the right deck. But when I switched them again left deck was ok but right deck still messed up. I will try the last two and see if any of those work out.

elio_xh
    i will definitely try that, sounds promising since you had the same problem.

thanks guys for your advice, i really hope it works.

Tech Guru

how old are your needles have you tried using some new ones, it could be an internal problem with the deck that isn't that bad but is being amplified by the bad needle, The CD trick could work cuz of how traktor is expecting something much louder but it is receiving sum thing quieter so it will artifially amplify it. that last comment is just speculation

just thinking programmer thinking

my needles are new, i had to buy them when the same thing happened with my last needles, but it only happened once and I didn't know what I did to fix it. But after installing the new ones into my headshells and trying them out, there was no problem.

Tech Mentor

Could be tonearm, rca etc etc

Did you switch inputs on the soundcard?

Tech Guru

could be the headshell try wiggling it about

ok, so i changed the cartridges to my old ones and everything seems fine, except that deck B now goes in reverse when it shouldn't, what the hell is going on???????!!!!!!!!!!

Dust buildup on needles? L&R channels reversed? Dropping a channel?
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 12-08-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast