VCI 100 Drivers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default VCI 100 Drivers?

Hi I've just got my VCI 100 about an hour ago and have tried every USB port on my latpop a sony VAIO NR10E/s (3GB RAM) and it recognizes the controller and then asks me to install the drivers. However I'm led to believe from looking round that it's plug and play? The Vestax support number for the UK doesn't work! So please guys any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

OH and its 32bit vista I'm running if that makes any difference?
    Traktor Pro, Live 7
    Vaio NR10E/S 1.46GHz, 3GB, 160GB HD,
    Echo Audiofire 2, KRK RP6
    Behringer DDM 4000, VCI 100 FW1.3

Tech Wizard

Now I'm faced with the problem that there are no vestax uk support lines open and i've searched everywhere i can think of anyone who could help it'd be greatly appreciated i've tried everything i can think of and technical support here is useless.
    Traktor Pro, Live 7

Tech Wizard

Default VCI 100 Drivers?

Are there any available as my Vista system is not recognizing my VCI 100 and asking me for drivers but i don't have any and can't find any online? Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Traktor Pro, Live 7

Tech Guru

You could use an online calling app, to call somewhere else to get support from vestax. Not sure if it will help but Ean's personal # is 867-5309. J/k couldn't help it. Lots of people are having vista issues, but unfortunately I have OSX so I can't help you man, some other folks will be on later.
    Last edited by mpetersen3; 03-20-2009 at 08:34 AM.

I got this from the vestax webiste....

[Support information 15/JAN/07]
    We have 4 reports of the VCI-100 not being identified by TRAKTOR 3 and TRAKTOR LE when in use of NEC VALUE STAR, SONY VAIO or computers with YAMAHA AC-XG Audio device. The OS does identify the VCI-100.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

Saw that but i'm running Tpro 1.1 and i know others are running this fine? Right? Also I've just tried it on my housemates vista PC plugged in turned on and 2 minutes later ready to use! Why would his vista pc know which drivers to use and mine not?

I should also mention it is recognized as a vestax PC Controller however in device manager its recognized as an "other device". This is now driving me nuts considering a complete system wipe after i've backed everything up any help in the meantime is gratefully accepted
    Last edited by MistakenTourist; 03-20-2009 at 11:15 AM.
    Traktor Pro, Live 7

I had this problem when first gettin my vci, vista wouldnt recognise the vci as a usb device!

|How i fixed it... hmmm well I did a restore to factory settings & it worked fine there was also something to do with a logitech camera driver installed that interfered with it but after the restore this was no longer a problem.

hope this helps!!!
    Last edited by Moomin_papa; 03-20-2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: im blind
    VAIO - T3/PRO - VCI 100 - AK1 - DJM-400

do you have the...YAMAHA AC-XG Audio device?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Hey,

I really donīt know if this suggestion will fix it but I would give it a try.

First get someone from this forum that has vista and a vci 100 (I have XP if not I would do this for you), to plug the vci and then go to the control panel and identify the vci. Then on its properties check which is the name of the driver file it is using and where it is located at. Then you search on your pc for that file (It should come with every Vista copy). Then plug the vci and manually assign that driver.

If you donīt have that file, I am sure someone from here can send it to you.

Maybe your pc for some reason can not detect correctly the vci in order to assign a driver from its plug n play ones.

Tech Wizard

Problem has been solved but had to do a full system format and reinstall windows as it had a corruption in the plug and play drivers. All fixed now time to get to grips with it!
    Traktor Pro, Live 7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast