Building the impossible DJ deckstand
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default (FINISHED) Building the impossible DJ deckstand (FINISHED)

Well some of you may remember i started this thread in djf but thought id start again on here seems as its all gone now.

i want to build this:
    [IMG][/IMG]

I have never made anything like this before and have little woodworking skills but im up for a challenge. will update with pictures of my progress shortly.
    Last edited by Steeevo; 04-28-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: updating

That's a nice looking table - but why the flush mounted decks/mixer?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Just for the sleek/tidy factor. Mite be strange mixing like that for the first time tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    That's a nice looking table - but why the flush mounted decks/mixer?
    why not? It beautiful simplicity. Although your fucked if you change mixers with different dimensions.

Tech Mentor

I no. But my setup is pretty solid and simple. 2 x technics 1210 mk2, xone 22 and torq and I'm not planning on changing it anytime soon.
    I'm gonna make it using 1" mdf and to make the curve out of a solid piece of poplar. Pictures coming tomorow

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fanny butter View Post
    why not? It beautiful simplicity. Although your fucked if you change mixers with different dimensions.
    yea I dont think itll be a good idea bc if you ever change mixers then that part of the table is useless lol

unless you build in some inserts that can be removed and resized should you get a new mixer. Thats what i would do.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fanny butter View Post
    unless you build in some inserts that can be removed and resized should you get a new mixer. Thats what i would do.
    Yeah what if you made one big hollow cavity in the table, and solid inserts so that if you change anything you only have to change the inserts. You never know what you're going to change later. Also maybe mount a stand for your laptop if you're using dvs.
    Just some thoughts.
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Tech Guru

Something like that really wouldnt be too hard to make... I recommend building the structure out of mdf then getting sticky back veneer, if you need i could mock up a plan on sketchup of how I would make it up once you provide dimensions.

Experience : master carpenter and joiner.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

do it anyway man! i'd love some plans to have a crack at it too. 900mm high, 1850 long and 800 wide

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast