Upgrade help.

Thread: Upgrade help.

Tech Convert

Default Upgrade help.

Hello,

Im looking on some advice on getting a new controller. I currently am using a Vestax Typhoon with Traktor Pro. Ive had my Typhoon for almost a year and im looking to get something better. Im looking for something under 250$ if thats possible. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    Shawn

Tech Mentor

Why not wait and save up more money so you can actually get something good? Why upgrade now with $250 which won't get you much, when you can wait another year and possibly save up a good amount of cash and buy a professional device?

The time inbetween gear will give you more experience and time to get comfortable with DJing with honing your skill.

If you upgrade now, I have a sneaky suspicion that you will want to upgrade again in the near future.

Tech Convert

Thanks for the advice. I guess i really should be worrying about getting a new laptop. My current one doesnt agree with Traktor and my Typhoon, so im stuck being a bedroom dj for now >.< Im in highschool right now and im too busy worrying about school to get a job. I want to start making some money DJing to fund getting better gear, but its next to impossible with out being able to do any gigs. Any advice on an affordable laptop?

Thanks again,
    Shawn

Tech Mentor

I own a macbook pro and highly suggest saving up for a macbook pro. I don't know much about laptops besides mac at the moment.

If you want to make money out of DJing, you have to invest time, money, and effort before you'll be able to make money. That may mean acquiring a part-time job so you can afford proper gear and equipment if you are serious. If you can't at the time, then focus on saving up for a laptop as you'll need that more than anything else.

Tech Convert

Thanks bro,
    I guess really my only problem is money :P i guess i'll just have to stick to puttin up mixes till im able to get a laptop. Thats fine though cus i'll be able to hone my abilities before gettin' up into the booth. Thanks again.