TS Pro routing to Ableton (Hardware Only)
    Tech Wizard

Default TS Pro routing to Ableton (Hardware Only)

1st of all, big hello to this board

As the title says I' m interested in how exactly do I do this with my Audio8 DJ. I've found a NI forum link on the smart-mixer site which lead to an explanation translated from spanish, so i dont quite get it ...here it is:

"Another thing, as I see that the update goes already for short while I have a solution to effects + MIDI and is the brilliant ABLETON. the two things in the same portatil and meetings. Problems it does not have because Traktor does not increase to resources when open having ableton for the effects and by demas the gral consumption of the portatil in the heat of goes away me to 18 to 22 % operation, is to say to two plates sounding of traktor and ableton activated effect. In resources, of the 230 that consumne traktor ableton single 22 to 26. Osea golazooooooooooooooooooooo, does not give served the things us but for that reason we evolved, now who if send or return nor insert, abletonnn! pardon I am contented of them to have recovered the effects, now this weekend I am going to resist its stability. In order to make follow it these steps: * TRAKTOR + EFFECTS ABLETON * by kzw (you need 2 cables RCA) You connect with a cable the exit 1-2 to the entrance 5-6 and exit 3-4 to entrance 7-8 of the card In exit 5-6 of the card you connect the RCAs which you had in the 1-2 and in the 7-8 those that you had in the 3-4 (white and yellow cables) In ableton you qualify the entrances and exits 5-6 and 7-8, the rest the desabilitas to save resources Arms two tracks of Audio, in one you put In 5-6 Out 5-6 and in the other In 7-8 Out 7-8. When arms one crushes "right button" and to unmark "arm exclusively" Ready, now a plate sounds you by a track and the other by another one, you put to each one the effects to him that you want and to run."

It's suppose to work with 2 extra RCA cables. If any1 did this or can, please, do a routing layout 4 me i would really appreciate it

Tnx

Get 2 soundcards

Setup Traktor in external mode with one soundcard

Connect the outs of the soundcard to the ins of the second card

Then setup Ableton so each individual input of the second card is routed to different channels inside of Ableton so you can layer effects on each channel individually.

Tech Wizard

I've had this 2 soundcard thingy in mind, i do wonder does the setup from the text i posted work tho. Tnx 4 reply