has anyone played with djdecks in awhile?

Default has anyone played with djdecks in awhile?

i hadn't tried it in a while and downloaded the newest demo and some skins made by dunks http://dunks1980.co.uk/design.htm
    here are some of the skins:
    showing a 4 deck skin:

another skin, this one is the default in dex, the software made from djdecks made by pcdj

it is pretty cool and, I'd like some other people to try it out and double check, but i swear mp3s sound better being played on djdecks then they do on traktor, virtualdj, and deckadance. those are the programs i've tried. i would love to see what other people find if they want to download the demo and compare it against their fav dj software. (my informal testing was done with a firebox soundcard routed into an external mixer for all software)

also the stock support for the xp-5 and xp-10 is excellent. at 8% pitchrange, the xp-5 pitch fader moves in .01 increments! the jogwheel works great as well.

didn't see much info on djdecks during a search here, just wanted to hear what people think about it.

Tech Wizard

I was testing the latest version the other day. Been following it's development for few years now. I also agree that it sounds quite good. Adion (the creator) spent quite a bit of time on improving the overall sound throughout its development and it you can definitely hear it.

i use to swear by djdecks - even bought and registered a version... Until i switched to a Mac /w OSX... I still visit the djdecks forum every once in a while to see how the OSX version is coming along...

Tech Wizard

Be interesting to see peoples thoughts on DEX. Just managed to activate this after loads of grief with Softwrap and needed help from the guys at PCDJ to do so.

This will be the first peice of Dj software I attempt to get to grips with! Traktor will be next
    Last edited by MartinK; 03-22-2009 at 09:47 AM.

Tech Wizard

when i want to use timecode vinyl i always use djdecks, and it works like a charm for me.

Olaf

Tech Wizard

I'd been using djdecks for about 3 years before i moved to TSP. If I was only using it as a DVS, I'd have stuck with djdecks. Never had it fail on me, simple to use, sounds good. 3 decks, effects, though I never really used the effects.

And it has by far the best support of any product I've ever used. Post an issue or request one day, you can almost guarantee Adion will respond the next day (given I'm on the opposite side of the world to him).
    you get direct input into the features and development.lots of user skins to choose from as well.

Considering at the time I paid less than AUS$300 for soundcard, software and control vinyl, it was an incredible bargain.

yeah i agree having adion just a PM or post away is great. I found a SLL look a like skin by djce that is really cool looking and not as resource hungry as the other two i listed above.

I got a bcd2000 for some experimenting and it's configuration from the general settings in djdecks is great too.

my newest thing though is deckdance as a vst in ableton. had dd for awhile but never tried the combo til the other day. i haven't had so much fun with sound in a long time. i go slow on the ableton side so it is a work in progress.

Tech Wizard

Default Sounds cool!!!

That sounds cool I would really like tom hear that when it's done!!