s4 vs. ddj-t1 as of dec 2011. Please Help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default s4 vs. ddj-t1 as of dec 2011. Please Help!

I realize there is a few threads discussing the same issue (s4 vs. ddj t1) however i've yet to find a recent enough one that factors in some issues (like recent updates and price drops).

Here's the deal: I've been dj-ing for about 8 months now with Traktor pro 2 and a numark mixtrack pro. I absolutely love traktor and my mixtrack pro but want to upgrade my gear. Its not that my mixtrack isnt doing the trick,(ive had no problems what so ever with it) its just that ive gotten to the point where i want to book club gigs and need some more professional looking equipment.

So the question is: s4 or ddj-t1?
    (Ive heard of some horror stories about the s4 and windows. (im using a dell inspiron 15r).
    I've also heard the ddj-t1 has an inferior sound card/noticeble sound quality issues as well as some hardware issues (pitchslider). )

Any help Would be much appreciated!!
    Last edited by djexspensive; 12-06-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Tech Convert

Is there room in the booth for an S4 or DDJ-T1 where you want to work?

I have my laptop balancing on top of the booth barricade and my Maschine on top of a CDJ, no room.

Tech Mentor

i can confidenly vouch for the s4, coming from cdj 1000 mk1's and a djm 600. love the jobwheels compared to the cdj's and the pitch slider is nice also, i do basic A-B mixing, manual beatmatching.

Tech Guru

get a vci400

Don't listen to what anyone says about a T1 unless they own it. I've seen far too many people bashing, who have only seen pictures on the internet, or read another second hand opinion on DJTT.

If you are going to be using sample decks a bunch, the layout on the S4 is more conducive to that. There are mappings for the T1 for use of sample decks that make it simple to use, there just aren't any '1 to 1' controls for them on a T1.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Tech Mentor

Id say go to a store and have a try of them, see which you prefer

Tech Mentor

i work in a shop that sells the T1 and not the S4. Yet, I own an S4 and think the T1 is rubbish in comparison.

VC1-400 is looking tasty man. The DJTT SE version is gonna be the bidniz too.

I've had a go on both your options (s4 and t1) in a shop and i didn't like either... just saying.

Though i'm semi tempted by an S2 cause i'm just into 2 deck mixing and it seems to have a nice vibe about it
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    VC1-400 is looking tasty man. The DJTT SE version is gonna be the bidniz too.

I've had a go on both your options (s4 and t1) in a shop and i didn't like either... just saying.

Though i'm semi tempted by an S2 cause i'm just into 2 deck mixing and it seems to have a nice vibe about it

ya but the vci-400 SE price will definitely be $1000+

Tech Mentor

S4. Buy a dedicated controller, not some pioneer knockoff

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    When I hit Sync I get a double espresso from Midi Out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast