DJ Setup for $2000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default DJ Setup for $2000

Hi guys I'm looking for a DJ setup for under $2000 that will be mainly for house parties, outside, roughly 125 people maybe 6 times a year....so this isn't something that will be used on a weekly basis. Size is a bit of an issue so i'm not looking for something monstrous. I'm looking for 2 powered speakers (no carrying/storing an extra amp), a sub and a mixer. I'll be hooking this up to a mac/pc and would also like a recommendation for software that you guys recommend. If you guys could recommend a setup for me I would reeeaalllyyy appreciate it!!!!! Hoping to unveil this for holiday parties

What i've been recommended so far is:
    2 - JBL Pro Powered 15" EON 515XT $699 each (lightweight 33lbs)
    1 - Podium Pro Audio | PP15PS1 $499
    (What do you think about podium pro????)
    1 - Hercules DJ Console RMX $299
    (My cousin has had good experiences with the Hercules RMX)
    Total - $2200

Quote Originally Posted by Marino24 View Post
    What i've been recommended so far is:
    2 - JBL Pro Powered 15" EON 515XT $699 each (lightweight 33lbs)
    1 - Podium Pro Audio | PP15PS1 $499
    (What do you think about podium pro????)
    1 - Hercules DJ Console RMX $299
    (My cousin has had good experiences with the Hercules RMX)
    Total - $2200
    I personally would get this:
    2x - Mackie Thump 15 with stands and xlr cables $350 each + plus stand and cable cost(very comparable to the eons at half the price)
    1x Allen and Heath: Xone 22 dj mixer (the speakers can plug straight into this)
    1x - Native instuments: Traktor Audio 6 (for hooking up your computer to the mixer) This also comes with a free software upgrade to Traktor Pro 2 dj software (I use this personally, very quality and respected software)
    1x - Native instruments: Traktor Kontrol X1 (very good controller designed to perfectly integrate with Traktor)

Safe estimate: around $1900

After that, I recommend using a laptop with at least 2gb of ram and a core 2 duo/ I-series processor

Tech Student

I would recommend that you listen to the Alto Truesonic TS112A or the TS115A at Guitar center to compare. I was originally dead set on the JBL EON's 515XT but after i heard theses Alto speakers next to the JBL's i decided i wanted to save myself about $699.99 and put it towards something else. I'm very happy with these Alto Powered speakers. I would also look at their 15 or 18 subs. Here is a deal i was considering.
    http://www.planetdj.com/i--TS115A (Guitar center will match this deal) and give you 10% of the difference, they give you $100 dollars off with the mix deck. Also if you go to the guitar center website they have a $50 dollar coupon code/printable you can use when you make a purchase of $500 or more.

I originally wanted to pick up the complete EON set subs and 515XT's but i ended up going with the Alto TS115A's and TS Sub 115 and a new Traktor Kontrol S4. After i picked these up i have done 5 Christmas parties from 150guests to 250 guests and i found i only really needed 1 Sub when i hit over 200 guests. This is just my personal opinion hope it helps.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I'd honestly probably go for something like a secondhand Turbosound or Cerwin Vega rig (lots on ebay) + amps. I know a lil bigger than you probably want though.

With outdoor events though you tend to need a little more "disposable" volume than indoors ... I used to play a bar with a 200 capacity, we had 6x Eons + 4 Eon subs and still managed to max it out every weekend (OK admittedly it was freaking loud!)

Tech Mentor

Craigslist is the answer. Plenty of good, cheap gear bangin' around if you live in or near a decent sized city.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by CryderSteez View Post
    Craigslist is the answer. Plenty of good, cheap gear bangin' around if you live in or near a decent sized city.

Tech Wizard

Craigslist is a good place to find good deals but always test the gear out first and test them at the levels you plan to use them. +1 on the Xone 22 + X1 setup too.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Croma View Post
    Craigslist is a good place to find good deals but always test the gear out first and test them at the levels you plan to use them. +1 on the Xone 22 + X1 setup too.
    Yup. This falls under the heading of "don't be stupid." Walk into every transaction completely prepared to say no and bounce.

Might be boo'd on this one but, listen to a pair of behringer B812DNEO's. got a pair of em and they are great. save a little on your speakers and look into a better controller/mixer combination.

Tech Mentor

maybe something like this for speakers?
    http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/msg/2722435465.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast