Numark Mixtrack vs. Mixtrack Pro
    Tech Convert

Default Numark Mixtrack vs. Mixtrack Pro

Hey guys,

This is probably a bit of a noobish question but I am a newbie lol! I've been looking at the Mixtrack and the Mixtrack pro for a beginner controller to use with TP2, and from what I can tell the only difference between these two is that one has a soundcard and the other doesn't . I've been using a nanokontrol with an audio 2 dj soundcard up til now so am I better going for the Mixtrack and sticking with the A2DJ? Or are there any other advantages to the Mixtrack Pro that I'm missing?

Cheers,
    Andy!

Tech Mentor

I would say save your money and buy the Mixtrack since you already have a soundcard.

Tech Convert

Thanks for this! I didn't want to buy the mixtrack then find out that the mixtrack pro was the better option.

I second Dj G-reg's opinion. Get the mixtrack, map the hell out of it and then upgrade once you've decided you need something better. Audio 2 should definitely better than the internal sound card the mixtrack pro has (okay...maybe the difference is too subtle to notice, but I have a numark DJiO and it should be the same one as the mixtrack pro's and it can't handle low latency settings as good as the audio 2 does.)
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

I have a mixtrack pro. The only real difference is the internal soundcard in the pro. Im looking to upgrade soon anyway. Purely on the fact I hate the build quality. I need some metal up in here!
    Soundcloud - Check it out

Macbook Pro 13" - Numark Mixtrack Pro - MidiFighter

Tech Convert

Thanks for the input guys, I'm gonna get the Mixtrack!

Tech Student

I am in the same boat too! Thanks everyone!

also the pro has a removable usb cable which is a nice thing.. my usb cable on one of my mixtracks wore out quickly at the point where it connects to the body..
    Macbook Pro - Kontrol S2 - Kontrol X1 - Traktor Pro 2 - Fool’s Gold x AIAIAI TMA-1 (for gigs) AKG 271hd (for studio and recording) on the way: DJM 800 with 2 CDJ 2000s
    THE SET UP