Maschine + Traktor MIDI mode fail?
    Tech Mentor

Default Maschine + Traktor MIDI mode fail?

I don't know why but for random reasons the traktor pro 2 software stops reading the signal from the maschine in midi-mode used as a controller in traktor. This is quite frustrating as sometimes I can go a whole 4 hour set without any hiccups, than the next day it will stop picking up the messages 6 times in 30 mins. When this happens I unplug the usb and plug it back in.

I am using a macbook pro if that makes a difference. I am able to run maschine in software mode no problem and create beats all day, but once I try using it as a midi controller for traktor it shits out on me!

The contoller manager still picks up messages so it is traktor that is the problem. Why is this??

Anyone have any suggestions?

Tech Mentor

Bump!

This is really frustrating when I'm in the middle of effecting a track during the breakdown and traktor stops responding to maschine and the effects become stuck!

I do bnot have the knowledge to understand what exactly is the problem, but did you try to:

-Use another MIDI channel
    There might be inteference with another controller, or, a soundcard with a single midi control on it (like the audio kontrol 1)
    -Reimport your mapping (At least 2 times for the effects to load up correctly!)
    -Try another usb cable, i know it works in production environment, but you never know when you're DJing...

Changing your MIDI channel is your best bet i think!

I hope i helped you out with this...
    SpeakerFreaker | E-MU Xboard 49 | Novation Launchpad | Korg Zero4 | CDJ-400's | Sennheiser HD-25 Adidas Originals | TSP 2 | Mac Pro | Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

I thought it was just my unit! I find the same its like the unit hears the midi from traktor but not the other way around? TBH I've tried mapping it a few times but multiple modifiers and pages just don't seem to work consistently especially when it comes to led feedback...
    2014 MBP Retina 15" / Maschine Studio / MM-1 / 2x X1 Mk2 / A2DJ / Rokit 5's