Midi Fighter or Maschine
    Tech Wizard

Default Midi Fighter or Maschine

I'm going to up my level of DJing as I have been doing some light controllerism with my S4. Now the question is do I get a Midi Fighter and intergrate it with Traktor/S4 setup or do I grab a Maschine which may be more that what I will ever need. Anyone have experience with both that could give me some serious advice.

If you're just going to use it in Traktor, Maschine is insanely expensive for a dumb midi controller.

If you want a really nice groove box that's like an MPC on epic fucking steroids and getting to add some controls to Traktor is a bonus, buy Maschine.

If you just want to add some control to Traktor and like what can be done with the MF, buy the MF.

The maschine is just a beast if you're into production as well, i must say, arcade buttons all the way, so the midi fighter is your best bet if it comes to controllerism, were you thinking about a pro or a classis, do you want super precise control of effects or are cue points more valuable to you? The maschine offers more precise control over, lets say a delay, you can very gently crank uo your dry/wet while changing the rate of the delay too, if you are into crazy-ass mashing, destroying beats and creating the coolest build-ups you have ever heard, take a midi fighter, butt if you want to mix very gentle from one trance house track to another trance house track, you should think about the maschine for its encoders, they give more control over effect parameters then a midi fighter can ever dream of.

Just think about what your mixing style really is, let that determine your choise here.
    SpeakerFreaker | E-MU Xboard 49 | Novation Launchpad | Korg Zero4 | CDJ-400's | Sennheiser HD-25 Adidas Originals | TSP 2 | Mac Pro | Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

My style is electo and vocal house. But I'm starting to get into a little electro dubstep here and there. I've looked at Maschine and it just seems so massive. I know nothing about the Midi Fighter other than a ton of controllerists love it. I've done production years ago. But basically left it to stay with DJing.

Tech Mentor

If youre just getting into controllerism, and dont know your real style just yet, I would suggest an Lpd8. eight pads, and eight knobs, triggering and tweaking all for pretty cheap. if you know you want 16 pads, faders and knobs, go with an Mpd. unless youre actually going to use the Maschine for its production suite, it's not worth the price, you get more knobs and faders on an Mpd anyway
    Last edited by Culture_Shock; 12-07-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Culture_Shock View Post
    If youre just getting into controllerism, and dont know your real style just yet, I would suggest an Lpd8. eight pads, and eight knobs, triggering and tweaking all for pretty cheap. if you know you want 16 pads, faders and knobs, go with an Mpd. unless youre actually going to use the Maschine for its production suite, it's not worth the price, you get more knobs and faders on an Mpd anyway
    I'm going to check that out. I am just starting out. Even if I do end up producing this would be a better way for me to see how I like conrollerism than to blow 350 or 500 on something and then say i don't like it.

Thanks everyone for the help. Glad I asked the question.